Real time multiplayer?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Wasicun

Real time multiplayer?

Post by Wasicun »

Hi guys!

This game is definitely the best ever!!!!

But what about a real time multiplayer?

Is so hard to program?

Come on developers... [;)]

I like Baloogan style multiplayer, but i think that a real time multiplayer will be really cool (and maybe you can save at a certain point and start from this point in the next session with your friend/s).

Keep up the good work!

renders

RE: Real time multiplayer?

Post by renders »

baloogan has developed a kind of mighty tool called Joint Command where you can setup some plays with your friends.
http://baloogancampaign.com/command-plugins/joint-command/
ExMachina

Post by ExMachina »

ORIGINAL: Wasicun

I like Baloogan style multiplayer, but i think that a real time multiplayer will be really cool (and maybe you can save at a certain point and start from this point in the next session with your friend/s).

Keep up the good work!

Baloogan's solution may be the best, since time compression really is central to CMANO.

Now, maybe it would be possible to have real time multiplayer where opponents could never "pause" (a la a RTS game) and had to mutually agree on all time accelerations...
but I dunno...[:)]
Blu3wolf

Post by Blu3wolf »

it would be possible, what would be in question would be its popularity.

Id be a fan.
To go up, pull back on the stick.
To go down, pull back harder...

Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance.
mrfeizhu

Post by mrfeizhu »

I am sure it would be popular, I don't think it would be easy to do ( its easy to see some one dig a hole but to do it your self is another story)it seems that it would be an expansion program, of an entirely new one. I think most people would pay for this. I often wonder where the developers see the game going in the future and when they will move on to their next project.
Old man sort of living in China for the last 18 years
kaburke61

Post by kaburke61 »

ORIGINAL: Wasicun

Hi guys!

This game is definitely the best ever!!!!

But what about a real time multiplayer?

Is so hard to program?

Come on developers... [;)]

Keep up the good work!

Here's one vote for the devs to continue instead to improve the fantastic single-player game (thru patches and/or expansions).
ExMachina

Post by ExMachina »

Here's one vote for the devs to continue instead to improve the fantastic single-player game (thru patches and/or expansions).

And to be clear, here's another [:D]

For me, Baloogan's solution will be more than satisfactory once the CMANO AI graduates from college [8D]
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: ExMachina

And to be clear, here's another [:D]

For me, Baloogan's solution will be more than satisfactory once the CMANO AI graduates from college [8D]

Really.....
Marder

Post by Marder »

I vote for improving the singleplayer to death. [&o]

Keep up the fantastic work. I really linke the AI in many points.
ExMachina

Post by ExMachina »

Really.....

[:D] Sorry. Might be biased as I just had one ship of my formation get impossibly stuck in an inlet.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Really.....

[:D] Sorry. Might be biased as I just had one ship of my formation get impossibly stuck in an inlet.

Sorry that happened. Post the file and we'll take a look.

Thanks!

Mike
SSN754planker

Post by SSN754planker »

ABSOLUTELY NO to the idea of the devs concentrating on real time multiplayer. Baloogans hard work has created some excellent alternatives to this.

Think about this.....How many times are you going to have two people in this small niche game community we have here able to devote a significant amount of time AT THE SAME TIME to play a scenario out with no interruptions. We don't have a large player pool, this isn't xbox live were talking here. It would be best to have multiplayer the way it is being done now with Baloogans program.

i am 110% percent for the devs concentrating on making the single player experience the absolute best it can be, because by default, that also makes multiplayer with Baloogans module just as good.

MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

We're in process planning as far as the future and some of the bigger more popular features. M'per is definitely on the list but no specifics yet on how and when it will land. But it will[:)]

Thanks!

Mike
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

Personally, I would make that captain walk the plank.. [;)]

Really.....

snowburn

Post by snowburn »

ORIGINAL: SSN754planker

ABSOLUTELY NO to the idea of the devs concentrating on real time multiplayer. Baloogans hard work has created some excellent alternatives to this.

Think about this.....How many times are you going to have two people in this small niche game community we have here able to devote a significant amount of time AT THE SAME TIME to play a scenario out with no interruptions. We don't have a large player pool, this isn't xbox live were talking here. It would be best to have multiplayer the way it is being done now with Baloogans program.

i am 110% percent for the devs concentrating on making the single player experience the absolute best it can be, because by default, that also makes multiplayer with Baloogans module just as good.

+1

Native support and a central server to host simultaneous turn based MP games like Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm and Frozen Synapse looks like a better option than Real Time.
ExMachina

Post by ExMachina »

Personally, I would make that captain walk the plank..

Heh heh. Absolutely [:D]

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Personally, I would make that captain walk the plank..

Heh heh. Absolutely [:D]

Try it.

Spin your wheels all you want but we are at the con.
JRyan

Post by JRyan »

I remember how much time it took to get H3 working in MP, it was a bugger to say the least. For now, my vote is fix the bugs and minor issues with what we have first. Then we can look forward etc...
But By Grace Go I.......
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Thanks everyone for mentioning me and my efforts so much in this thread [8D]
ORIGINAL: snowburn
ORIGINAL: SSN754planker

+1

Native support and a central server to host simultaneous turn based MP games like Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm and Frozen Synapse looks like a better option than Real Time.

Well, Joint Command isn't native inside of Command, but I'd recommend at least giving Joint Command a look if you are interested in turn based Command. It isn't simultaneous turn based Command, but its close [:)]

So far we have 37 players and have played roughly 600 or so turns so far across 60-70 games. Worth a look [:)]

Please consider this an open invitation for anyone to give Joint Command a try. We hang out in this chat room here: https://jabbr.net/#/rooms/baloogan to setup Joint Command matches and to help debug both Joint Command and Geoscape.

In a way Joint Command is a 'battle of the scenario authors'. A skilled JC player will know how to set up the AI just right to achieve good kills on their opponent's turn. So far we have been playing with turn lengths from 10 minutes to 45 minutes with great success.

Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Ilias

Post by Ilias »

Players which would steadily vote for the real time multilayer probably just do not getting on the forum, because how unprecedently cool the game wouldn't be, being just single player or turn based strategy: guies for most of them its just not interesting and noticeable enough to deeply look in.
I'm absolutely sure it's attractiveness would seriously rise with ability to play in the game with friends, other peoples, compete in it, in real time.

Technical:
Looks like main question about gameplay, in the theme, is time acceleration.?[:)]: would love to see it: with agree confirmation windows poping up at other players when one changing game speed (ability to broadcast the speed change request everyone would have available all the time), and every player would have at any time ability to set x1 speed.

(using chance: thank you dear developers for what you continue working on the game, unit in unit system came up [:)], glad to pay for the enhance [:)], only sad what didn't noticed it's release earlier)

With respect.
Truly yours.
Ilias.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”