Looking for a Kerbal Space Program replacement

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

pvthudson01

Looking for a Kerbal Space Program replacement

Post by pvthudson01 »

I am a little too stupid to GROK Kerbal Space Program. I love the idea of exploring planets and doing things like that and building launchers and landers and funding programs and doing research but when it comes to the flight aspect and docking and building the space station I...stink

I cant fly straight to save my life

SO how in depth does this game get and how are the actual graphics? By graphics I mean can you watch a mission in progress or is it all generic event cutscenes when something happens? Can astronauts get stranded, is it just Moon missions and the like (no Mars etc etc) are there going to be portraits for the astronauts eventually?

Can you watch lift offs? Can you see capsules in orbit? Perform Extra Vehicular Activity (space walks)

Do you get reports from astronauts?

Matrix Member since 2003!
t001001001

RE: Looking for a Kerbal Space Program replacement

Post by t001001001 »

it comes to the flight aspect and docking and building the space station I...stink

I cant fly straight to save my life

Get MechJeb mod for KSP. It'll solve all those problems.
Nacho84

RE: Looking for a Kerbal Space Program replacement

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello pvthudson,

Even though you're an old timer here at Matrix, welcome to the SPM forums! [:)]

I think the best I can do in order to answer your questions is to point you to the gameplay videos that have been made by the community (look for "Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager" in youtube and you will find dozens of entries). I can recommend the 'Learning by Gaming' series. Here's an episode on the Apollo program.

Other videos include:

The Lackluster Let's Play series
Scott Manley (famous for his nice tutorials about KSP) also made a very interesting video right after SPM was released. But notice that many things have changed and improved since that video, though [;)]
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”