Partisans

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

dhucul2011

Partisans

Post by dhucul2011 »

Well that's it! I can't proceed anymore.

I have been able to go back on many an occasion to previous saves and get by errors that have crashed the game.

This one is a game stopper now.

VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!

Game stops in partisan phase. I can "continue application" but it won't let me do anything.

Save attached.
Attachments
EndOfAction.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
paulderynck

RE: Partisans

Post by paulderynck »

Is this with 1.0.9?
Paul
dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

Yes. 1.09
dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

Can we get this fixed for 1.10?
dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

I've tried and tried everything to get past this.

Is this something being worked on?

paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

I loaded your game. You have a couple choices. You can check beforehand whether there's a viable hex for a partisan and go ahead with the game's partisan roll in that case. But FREX with Russia where there's no hex it can be placed on, set the roll to 100 and no partisan will appear.

Alternatively, change every partisan roll to 100 and none will be generated. When I tested this, I just chose the biggest possible number in the hopes it would prevent a partisan from coming on. You might check the players manual to see what the die roll ranges are, but it can get pretty complex with garrison values and other partisans already in play.
Paul
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: dhucul

Well that's it! I can't proceed anymore.

I have been able to go back on many an occasion to previous saves and get by errors that have crashed the game.

This one is a game stopper now.

VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!

Game stops in partisan phase. I can "continue application" but it won't let me do anything.

Save attached.
I just ran your saved game (using 1.0.9.3, soon to be 1.1.0.0) and had partisans appear in both French Indochina (1) and the USSR (2). Perhaps the changes I've made since 1.0.9.0 fixed this - but I can't be sure. Do you know where the random die rolls caused partisans to appear?
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

When I ran it, they appeared in Russia. I ran it with Beta 1.0.9.2 and they could not be placed. I'll try 1.0.9.3 and get back to you on the Beta side.
Paul
Cad908

Post by Cad908 »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

When I ran it, they appeared in Russia. I ran it with Beta 1.0.9.2 and they could not be placed. I'll try 1.0.9.3 and get back to you on the Beta side.
Paul,

I was able to place 2 with 1.0.9.2 in Hanko (38,47) as appears in the Main Form's prompt window.

Do not know if it should be considered "Home Country" of Russia, but it seems to work.

-Rob

Attachments
AAScreensh..14001.jpg
AAScreensh..14001.jpg (519.91 KiB) Viewed 200 times
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Cad908

Paul,

I was able to place 2 with 1.0.9.2 in Hanko (38,47) as appears in the Main Form's prompt window.

Do not know if it should be considered "Home Country" of Russia, but it seems to work.

-Rob

That's where I placed the Russian partisans too when I ran this saved game. The prompt identifies where (at least one of the hexes) the partisan units can be placed.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

My bad - never thought to look there and didn't see the prompt. I wonder if dhucul saw that?

Hanko is part of Finland in all the board games of WiF I've played.
Paul
dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

I didn't see any prompt.

I reloaded a couple of times until no partisans were spawned and I am able to continue now.

I'll advise if I have another problem at the end of the next turn.

joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

My bad - never thought to look there and didn't see the prompt. I wonder if dhucul saw that?

Hanko is part of Finland in all the board games of WiF I've played.

Hanko is one of the contested border hexes. Like Bessarabia, once Russia gets the Finnish border hexes, they become part of Russia for all purposes.
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
Cad908

Post by Cad908 »

I didn't see any prompt.

I reloaded a couple of times until no partisans were spawned and I am able to continue now.

I'll advise if I have another problem at the end of the next turn.

With a partisan in-hand and the mouse over a land hex, you should get the message as arrowed in the Main Form. (That is a great spot to look if you have an issue with MWiF).

-Rob

Attachments
AAScreensh..14001.jpg
AAScreensh..14001.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 204 times
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

You can control that by setting the die rolls.
Paul
DreadedTaipan

Post by DreadedTaipan »

Hello team,

First off, great game! Can't wait till all the bugs are worked out...

I also cannot proceed with my current game due to being unable to place an Indian Partisan. Every single Indian hex is unavailable to place the unit... (Message showing in pink area is "You must place the unit in India". I'm pretty sure I know where India is on the map...:)

There are no hidden forms or anything else I can see that would be preventing me from placing it. Quite frustrating!

DreadedTaipan
DreadedTaipan

Post by DreadedTaipan »

Also the placement of this partisan unit happened out of phase. Not during partisan phase but the Reinforcement - Reinf Place Units - Germany phase.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Is this with version 1.1? If so, please zip a saved game and upload it to this thread.

Since you can control the die rolls, you can progress your game by setting the roll for the Indian partisan to occur to 100 and then it won't be generated.
Paul
DreadedTaipan

Post by DreadedTaipan »

Hello paulderynck, thanks for the quick reply.

This is with the latest patch.

Attachments
test.zip
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Unfortunately it's a bug. To progress the game you could find a save from the prior turn where the partisan was generated, and force it not to be generated as I mentioned in Post #18.

Good point about it happening in the Reinforcement phase - hopefully that will help in getting it fixed.
Paul

Return to “Tech Support”