Ambient Sounds

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the first new release (not a re-make of a previous games) in years in the critically acclaimed Close Combat series. It details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy. Can you match the tenacity of the American defenders of Hill 314? Or can you succeed where the Panzers failed, driving through to the sea and changing history? Improved 32-bit graphics and the ability to control more squads than ever bring the Close Combat engine to a new level.
Bel8910

Ambient Sounds

Post by Bel8910 »

I noticed there are not ambient sounds in PITF (night sounds, winds, storms, etc). I added ambient sounds to the sound file but they are not played. Was this intentional when making the game or is there a way to have the ambient sounds played?
CGGrognard

RE: Ambient Sounds

Post by CGGrognard »

I'm not certain there is a way to implement ambient sounds in PitF, but past issues of the series there's a number of instances where stock sounds were either changed out, or modified. Those past issues, especially the initial series had some good sound effects that sorta put you in the scene. Now, it seems there are fewer sound cues, and stranger yet are when you hear the enemy sound cues. Hopefully, as the series progresses, more attention will be made to incorporating significant sound cues that will make the game even more awesome.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
Bel8910

RE: Ambient Sounds

Post by Bel8910 »

I figured it out....but the sounds all smashed together and it doesn't sound as "natural" as they have in the pass. Thanks for the response, though.

Return to “Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog”