Minor force pool displayed incorrectly

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Courtenay

Minor force pool displayed incorrectly

Post by Courtenay »

The following is a screenshot of the Portuguese build ahead force pool, taken in 1941. The Portuguese unit is a 1940 land unit. It should be in the Portuguese force pool, not the build ahead force pool, as it will appear on the map when Portugal goes to war. The game will correctly have the player place this unit when Portugal goes to war, but its appearance could be a nasty surprise for the invader. I was about to invade Portugal, thinking it had only one three point GAR to defend with. I am still going to invade, but will have to have a substantially larger force to attack Lisbon with.

Other minor countries with 1940 land units (Argentina, Finland, Mexico, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and Yugoslavia) have this same bug.

(I suspect the 1940 units are in the build ahead force pool as that is a reasonable place to put minor naval units from the preceding year, because those go in the construction pool, not on the map. However, land and air units from the preceding year do go on the map.)

Attachments
PortForPool.jpg
PortForPool.jpg (173.98 KiB) Viewed 65 times
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Minor force pool displayed incorrectly

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

The following is a screenshot of the Portuguese build ahead force pool, taken in 1941. The Portuguese unit is a 1940 land unit. It should be in the Portuguese force pool, not the build ahead force pool, as it will appear on the map when Portugal goes to war. The game will correctly have the player place this unit when Portugal goes to war, but its appearance could be a nasty surprise for the invader. I was about to invade Portugal, thinking it had only one three point GAR to defend with. I am still going to invade, but will have to have a substantially larger force to attack Lisbon with.

Other minor countries with 1940 land units (Argentina, Finland, Mexico, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and Yugoslavia) have this same bug.

(I suspect the 1940 units are in the build ahead force pool as that is a reasonable place to put minor naval units from the preceding year, because those go in the construction pool, not on the map. However, land and air units from the preceding year do go on the map.)

Okay, I think I understand this. What needs to happen is that the units in the build ahead force pools for all the neutral minor countries need to be moved into their force pools during the Annual Additions subphase of the Jan/Feb turns. Right now that is (probably) only being done for major powers.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Minor force pool displayed incorrectly

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

This should be corrected in 1.1.0.0 (available later this week). I want the beta testers to check my changes first.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”