Re-updating the game almost

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

spence

Re-updating the game almost

Post by spence »

Hi all;

As some folks know my computer died and has now been replaced. I have updated to the last official patch but my PBEM opp and I updated to a beta version a couple of months back. I've forgotten the version and how to get it. It was the last beta before the December one I believe.

Help
SigUp

RE: Re-updating the game almost

Post by SigUp »

Do you mean this? But I don't know whether you can get the pre-December version from there.
EHansen

Post by EHansen »

Couldn't your opponent send you the correct beta file?
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

If you update to the current beta and then load a save from your opponent it will tell you that the save game version is different to your current version- and it will tell you the version of the save game file- which might help you find the correct beta version.
spence

Post by spence »

Times zones sometimes make for delays. It is v11.23r. Looks like that one has been taken down now though. I've got the most recent turn in that version in my email. I think if we want to go to the new version (t) then my opp has to update to t then make his move over. Is this so?

We'll work it out. Just want to get the game going again. Only one more month until I start getting 130 F6Fs a month[;)]
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

Japanese player generates replay with old version.
Japanese player then updates beta and enters orders for next turn with new version. Combat replay and new turn sent to Allied player
Allied player watches combat replay with old version
Allied player updates beta
Allied player enters orders with new version

Voila!

Edit:- 130 a month still isn't enough [:(]
fcharton

Post by fcharton »

ORIGINAL: spence
We'll work it out. Just want to get the game going again. Only one more month until I start getting 130 F6Fs a month[;)]

130 F6F/month? I'm sure we'll hit a technical problem before this happens!

Francois
CaptDave

Post by CaptDave »

Actually, I think the latest version is v (dated 23 December).

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”