1:1 > 2:1 Question

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Michael T

1:1 > 2:1 Question

Post by Michael T »

Calling Morvael or Joel.

Are we likely to see a change in regards to the 1:1 to 2:1 rule anytime soon?

I am keen to get another game of WITE going but not with the current 1:1 to 2:1 thing. An option would be good.

Any news on this front guys?

Thanks [:)]
vandorenp

RE: 1:1 > 2:1 Question

Post by vandorenp »

ORIGINAL: Michael T
Are we likely to see a change in regards to the 1:1 to 2:1 rule anytime soon?

What is the 1:1 to 2:1 rule? Just acquired the game and haven't "discovered" such a thing yet.
Keydet
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

You need a final odds of 2:1 to get the defender to retreat. The Soviet side get a final odds shift from 1:1 to 2:1 from June 41 to Nov 41. This 'leg up' has been controversial since release. Originally it ran for the whole game. It was wound back to Nov 41 in a patch. Recent bug fixes and other changes have made this rule a game changer. So much so that IMO and many others it needs to go or be made optional.
morvael

Post by morvael »

My plan is to add turning off 1:1->2:1 as an optional rule (like mild blizzard). However, for now (due to starting new job) I am unable to work on WitE as fast as before. Keep the fingers crossed that this state will not last long.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Thanks morvael. I am sure there are a few others like myself waiting to start new games but not before turning off the 1:1 button. This is good news. [:)]
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

ORIGINAL: morvael

My plan is to add turning off 1:1->2:1 as an optional rule (like mild blizzard). However, for now (due to starting new job) I am unable to work on WitE as fast as before. Keep the fingers crossed that this state will not last long.

LOL

You want to be unemployed? And you want us to encourage your boss to kick you out? [:D]
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
BrianG

Post by BrianG »

One rule which would help If this rule does not change would be to slowly release info on what general is in charge of the other sides units.

This means one knows when one is up against a tuff general or crap. Info should be released after a large enough battle and a few weeks/months after a general is appointed to a new command (especially army, front, head hq).

Right now. the other sides generals are totally FoW. I mean the Brits knew they were facing Rommell?
TulliusDetritus

Intelligence. And not thinking just about mega-sophisticated Hollywoodesque stuff.

You send a patrol. You capture an enemy... and there you go: he might tell you his girlfriend's telephone number and facebook account and most important, who the big mega boss is [8D]
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
SigUp

Post by SigUp »

That's something I always found very funny. You can air recon the position of every single enemy unit, but don't know which commander or HQ you are facing (for the latter at least until a battle)? [:D]
STEF78

Post by STEF78 »

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

Intelligence. And not thinking just about mega-sophisticated Hollywoodesque stuff.

You send a patrol. You capture an enemy... and there you go: he might tell you his girlfriend's telephone number and facebook account and most important, who the big mega boss is [8D]
[:)]
I didn't find the Hotkey "send a patrol, capture an enemy,... who the big mega boss is [8D]"
GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
TulliusDetritus

Think about the US Navy 3rd and 5th [Pacific] Fleets in WW2.

It seems we are dealing with two different fleets. But in fact they were one and the same fleet. When Halsey was the commander it was the 3rd, and when Spruance was the boss it was the 5th.

The thing is the Japanese knew this. How? A complicated network of spies, pigeons, electronics, invisible ink and James Bond's dad?

Nope. They merely asked captured enemy pilots.

As a rule of thumb, I guess the 90% of the bosses (divisions, corps, armies) should always be identified.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”