Can IADS be setup?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

AdmiralSteve

Can IADS be setup?

Post by AdmiralSteve »

Can an IADS be set up in Command as they were in Harpoon, ie, a SAM HQ and individual SAM battalions or do the SAM battalions in the DB already implement this?
Thanks, Steve
“There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”
Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. 1882-1959

navwarcol

RE: Can IADS be setup?

Post by navwarcol »

It definitely can. Same method... set the sides friendly to the command section, neutral to each other.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Take a look at Operation Lightning Strike in the editor and examine the Pakistani IADS.
Have

Post by Have »

If building IADS for the computer controlled side, is it possible to create semi-realistic radar usage? Currently it seems that it is possible to set radar of a unit either permanently on or off.
ventris

Post by ventris »

Side "radar" (friendly to command, neutral to battery, neutral to Aggressor, radars active)
Side "command" (friendly to radar, friendly to battery, hostile to hostile, no radar)
Side "battery" (friendly to command, neutral to radar, neutral to Aggressor, radars passive)
Side "Aggressor" (hostile to command, neutral to battery, neutral to radar)

I assume radar sends contacts to command, command sends them to battery, battery turns on radars when threat is in range.

Does it work like that?
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

You could use the event engine for a one-time change in EMCON. Create an event that activates a Mission with a specific EMCON associated with it. However, IIRC, even deactivating that Mission will result in the unit retaining that EMCON.
ORIGINAL: Have

If building IADS for the computer controlled side, is it possible to create semi-realistic radar usage? Currently it seems that it is possible to set radar of a unit either permanently on or off.
lowchi

Post by lowchi »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Take a look at Operation Lightning Strike in the editor and examine the Pakistani IADS.

i looked at it and have a question (sorry if it´s a stupid one but i am new to this)

What is the point to set an EW (radar) unit on a "Strike/air intercept" mission?
I thought a radar tracks/identifys a contact automatically.
Rudd

Post by Rudd »

ORIGINAL: lowchi

i looked at it and have a question (sorry if it´s a stupid one but i am new to this)

What is the point to set an EW (radar) unit on a "Strike/air intercept" mission?
Possibly to take on the same ROE/EMCON settings as other units of that mission or maybe mission is delayed to change EMCON settings at a certain point, lots of potential reasons
lowchi

Post by lowchi »

ORIGINAL: Rudd

Possibly to take on the same ROE/EMCON settings as other units of that mission or maybe mission is delayed to change EMCON settings at a certain point, lots of potential reasons

Ahhh... Ok! Thank you Rudd!
cf_dallas

Post by cf_dallas »

Would someone mind looking at the attached and tell me what I missed? I tried to emulate what's in Op Lightning Strike, I've been poking at this for several nights now, and I'm at a loss.

Sides are as follows:
- Air Defense Zones 1, 2, and 3 (1 radar each, activating). Each is friendly to its own HQ and neutral to all others
- Zone HQ 1, 2, and 3 (1 commo hub each). Each is friendly to its assigned AD Zone and to Overall HQ, neutral to all others
- Overall HQ (1 C3M bunker). Is friendly to the three Zone HQ, neutral to all others
- Targets, hostile to everyone.

I've got it set up so that the "Target" side has 3 C-5s circling where they're really obvious to the ground radars. Overall HQ, with no sensors of its own, sees them no problem. That part seems to be working for me.

The target side also has 6 SSM batteries to pick off the three Zone HQ, one at a time. I was assuming that the destruction of Zone 1 HQ would mean that AD Zone 1's radar feed would stop going to the Overall HQ, and they'd lose track of the target in that area. That's not what happens, and I'm confused.

I've got 5 saves in the zip file.
- Scenario start
- Zone 1, 2, and 3 HQ have been destroyed
- One where I add an additional contact to see if new contacts are detected/tracked.

In the last two saves all three radars are operating, and I don't think they should have any link to the Overall HQ. None of the three Zone HQ sides have any surviving units. But the overall HQ is still seeing/tracking all targets. As always, I'm assuming something's wrong with my setup... but I can't find it for the life of me.

(EDIT: and my apologies for dredging up an old thread...)
Attachments
IADSTest.zip
(105.46 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Formerly cwemyss
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

You can set all of their emcon's at once:)

Mike

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”