Bomb CEP question

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

AndrewJ

Bomb CEP question

Post by AndrewJ »

Hello,

A quick question about dumb bombs...

Is bomb accuracy calculated as a simple circular CEP based on the normal distribution, or is it a long rectangular or elliptical pattern arranged along the plane's axis of flight?

Thanks very much,

AndrewJ
kneecaps

RE: Bomb CEP question

Post by kneecaps »

I don't know what happens in Command as far as calculations, but I do know for certain that CEP is always circular....so the CEP is defined as the radius where 50% 'rounds' will land. So the shape of the actual impact 'footprints' cannot change the shape of the CEP (it's always circular) but does of course effect the radius.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Circular.
AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Circular.

Great! I will plan my bomb-runs accordingly.
AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

That brings up another question I should have thought about. Are the ships and installations considered point targets, so weapon effects are considered only by proximity to the center point, or do they actually have size?

If they do have size is it also circular, or a basic 2D rectangle, or possibly even 3D?

(Minutia! Gotta love it [:D])
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: AndrewJ
That brings up another question I should have thought about. Are the ships and installations considered point targets, so weapon effects are considered only by proximity to the center point, or do they actually have size?

If they do have size is it also circular, or a basic 2D rectangle, or possibly even 3D?
They do have dimensions and they're taken into account when calculating direct-hit vs near-miss, frag/blast effects, torpedo hits, being (or not) under a bomblet pattern etc.
(Minutia! Gotta love it [:D])
Fine with us, as long as the price (performance, complexity, bugs etc.) is understood and accepted.

Return to “Tech Support”