Help from an expert.

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

morganbj

Help from an expert.

Post by morganbj »

I've forgotten how to get land units to upgrade to a new TO&E. I have some in a level 6 port with several hundred thousand supply with an HQy present. All of the units are set to replacement and upgrade.

It seems that what I've done in the past just isn't working.

I fear the clerks and jerks are just screwing up the paperwork. [:)]

Oh, I'm in one of the Babes mods if that makes a difference.
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
Terminus

RE: Help from an expert.

Post by Terminus »

You've presumably reached the date where it's meant to upgrade?
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

1) Must be in rest mode.

2) Must be within a certain range of a command HQ. I forget the detail - might be twice the HQ's command radius??

3) I forget, but I think the unit must be in a friendly base.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Also, you must ensure that their OOB has no fragments or partial units that will require correction in terms of TO&E differences.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Check 16.4.1 p261. Doesn't say anything about mode and from my experience I don't think it matters. Don't think HQ proximity matters. Must be in a friendly base with supplies. I've had partial units upgrade (won't recombine if there're differences). You must have replacements and upgrades allowed on. For the Allies you must have sufficient devices in the pool to replace all devices currently in the unit (avail/disabled). For the Japanese you must have sufficient production (armaments/vehicles) to replace the devices. That is provided you have production turned on for the Japanese player. Same holds true for squads. Japans' squads are dependant on MP. Allies in pools.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

Termie,

Units are in rest mode and the top line says "unit can upgrade now" or some such.

I think it might be the command HQ issue. I thought army HQ's with a Y were command HQ's. Am I wrong?
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: bjmorgan

Termie,

Units are in rest mode and the top line says "unit can upgrade now" or some such.

I think it might be the command HQ issue. I thought army HQ's with a Y were command HQ's. Am I wrong?
Yes. Those are 'army' level HQs.
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

But are they command HQ's, or do the command HQ's have c beside them?
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

I think I figured it out. If not, I'll be back.

Thanks for the ideas guys.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

If I have this right:

HQ = command HQ
HQc = corps HQ
HQy = army HQ
HQm = amphibious force HQ (the ones that work from AGC ships)
HQa = air HQ
HQn = naval HQ
erstad

Post by erstad »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

If I have this right:

HQ = command HQ
HQc = corps HQ
HQy = army HQ
HQa = air HQ
HQn = naval HQ

There is at least one HQ that show up as both command and naval. IJN's Southeast Are Fleet, for one. It shows as an HQn but when you open the unit display it also indicates it's a command HQ
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: erstad
ORIGINAL: witpqs

If I have this right:

HQ = command HQ
HQc = corps HQ
HQy = army HQ
HQa = air HQ
HQn = naval HQ

There is at least one HQ that show up as both command and naval. IJN's Southeast Are Fleet, for one. It shows as an HQn but when you open the unit display it also indicates it's a command HQ
That rings a bell.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

The only way I know for sure is to open up the unit display. The IJ only get a few, so easy to memorize. The allies get so many, I have no idea how those guys keep track of them. [:D][:D][:D]
Pax

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”