Women in the Armed Services...

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Footslogger

Women in the Armed Services...

Post by Footslogger »

What do you think about women in the Armed Services?

Don't you like the uniforms?[:D]

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (13.75 KiB) Viewed 27 times
Terminus

RE: Women in the Armed Services...

Post by Terminus »

Stop posting all this OT garbage![:@]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Does OT stand for "Outstanding Titties"?

jmalter

Post by jmalter »

IMO the wimmenz in the forces are a good thing.

From my reading of WWII history, I've learned that they weren't only hospital nurses, clerical staff and Rosie the Riveters. Just last night I read of 2 women (Genevieve Grotjan & Delia Taylor) hired as high-level cryptanalysts by the USArmy in 1940, who helped make major breaks into Japanese codes.

Idjits who view servicewomen only in terms of the gorn's definition of OT are gonna hafta learn to keep it zipped.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I resemble that remark, and I should remind you that gorns are reptiles and care nothing for your silly mammaries.

Feltan

Post by Feltan »

Their skirts are way too long, the high heels to short -- and they should all be wearing fishnet stockings.

Who ever is running that unit needs to be sacked.

Regards,
Feltan
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I need to quote one of the great minds of the human species: "Mammaries, light the corners of my mind; Misty water-colored mammaries, of the way we were." I could not put it any more succinctly.

tocaff

Post by tocaff »

All things being equal as long as equality in life is the goal then why not service to one's country? Women have done well in every facet of the military that they have been in, including combat. So just maybe the old views on things might not hold water.

While we're at it, put the women into the same uniforms that the men wear and more of the barriers will melt away.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

A similar debate was had in the General Discussion forum recently, although of course it wasn't about whether they should serve in the armed forces (which is a no-brainer). Ultimately the conversation boiled down to two opposing views on women in frontline combat roles:

- Yes, why not - its happening now anyway so just accept it
- No, not frontline combat

For what its worth, I am very much in the NO camp.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
CT Grognard

Post by CT Grognard »

I would like Greyjoy's input on this topic.

Attachments
Italian_02.jpg
Italian_02.jpg (268.14 KiB) Viewed 23 times
Grfin Zeppelin

Post by Grfin Zeppelin »

Bo Rearguard

Post by Bo Rearguard »

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

Times have changed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3cbMLeeV1ww

Yeah, I'll take the Chinese Hemline Liberation Army over the Ayatollah Burqa Brigade any day. They're better armed too.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist ...." Union General John Sedgwick, 1864
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: tocaff

All things being equal as long as equality in life is the goal then why not service to one's country? Women have done well in every facet of the military that they have been in, including combat. So just maybe the old views on things might not hold water.

While we're at it, put the women into the same uniforms that the men wear and more of the barriers will melt away.

There is a move to do just that (adopting the same head gear). In the 1980's the USN gave white "crackerjack" style whites to enlisted women. They kept the "brain box" style hat though. One of the problems cited in putting women into men's uniforms (or clothing for that matter) is the "cutsey sexy effect". A lot of women over the years have discovered that men find women wearing mens clothing to be sexy (Garbo , Garland and a lot of others have made a man's suit or other clothing to be extremely sexy). This would have the complete opposite effect of the intent to make the women look professional. Anyone who's ever been married or had a long term (hetero sexual) relationship should be able to attest that a women generally looks much better than a man in simple, man's white dress shirt. Professional? HELL NO!. But sexy? Generally. In the 1980's it was felt this would be a possible consequence of the "one uniform policy".

I can't speak for other veterans, but even in a primarily all male military , uniforms were always anything but uniform. Have a muster and people would show up in half a dozen uniforms , with different variations in head gear. And what two uniforms look exactly alike? Ribbons , medals, rank accoutrements , special award devices and breast insignia render no two uniforms alike (at least after boot camp).

The US Navy under Zumwalt(CNO), tried to put officers and enlisted into the same uniform (and admitted it was a huge mistake).

Just my observations. But I find people , even military people , don't want to look alike. [:)]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”