Which Game to Purchase?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

BKL

Which Game to Purchase?

Post by BKL »

I'm new to Distant Worlds but just found it after looking at the Matrix site. I used to play and love Master of Orion. I also played Galactic Civilization but didn't like it as much. I'm wondering, what game is for Distant World is the best...original, legends, dark shadow, return, etc.? Or is it just best to get the latest version?
BKL
Henzington

RE: Which Game to Purchase?

Post by Henzington »

You need the original to play and you need each of the previous expansions to play the next one. Always good to see a Master of Orion fan I still have the installed and run it on a dosbox.
garfield666

Post by garfield666 »

base game is not that good, it's been much improved upon with the expansions. in my opinion there is no point (well, financial maybe) getting anything less than legends, although shadows is worth every penny.
Osito

Post by Osito »

Yes, I loved MOO2 as well, and, like you, did not really get on with Galactic Civilisations. I think DW is the best space strategy game I have ever played. I agree with the cat-beast that you should go at least to Legends, and Shadows - if you can afford it.
Osito

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”