Message log gives away contact

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Stevechase

Message log gives away contact

Post by Stevechase »

Message log reveals contact class, type, and name. But ingame on map display this information has not yet been revealed. For example when I drop depth charge on unknown goblin and the weapon calculation runs and is revealed in the message log it says "weapon xxx has missed USN Chicago" Is this because of something in my message log settings?
Blas de Lezo

RE: Message log gives away contact

Post by Blas de Lezo »

Hello,
Seems to me that you are playing with most of the message type on, for playing with real FOW you should deactivate all message about weapons...

I'm on my way to work so I'm unable to post a picture right now, but I will do later.....

Best
Apocal

Post by Apocal »

ORIGINAL: Stevechase
Is this because of something in my message log settings?

Yeah. For the closest to full fog-of-war disable all the indicated boxes, both message log and popup.

Stevechase

Post by Stevechase »

Thanks guys. I guess I did not think it would actually reveal the contacts true id Makes sense though-I guess if you are going to get a peek at the weps logic then you should also see what its going against. Not a problem though. Now I have to decide, do I really need the weapons information, thats a tough one. Guess I'll leave it on for now. If I get in a scenario where I really don't want any "help" I can always switch weps off and on as necessary. Mainly right now I like seeing point defense info-I guess just to assure me its doing its job[;)]. Thanks again.
Blas de Lezo

Post by Blas de Lezo »

Also, for a real FOW, don't peek at the losses and expenditures screen during the game because it gives much more info than the one you really have during the game, for instance: you have a sub contact, send an ASW helo that fires a torpedo and the contact disappears, have you sunk a sub for real or was it a false contact?.... just take a look at the looses and expenditure screen and you will have all the answers....
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

How dare your losses and expenditures report show accurate results. I could cheat![:@]

This is a game and tool so we do offer reporting or results. You always have the option of not looking at it.[:)]
Blas de Lezo

Post by Blas de Lezo »

Oh no!, I love the losses and expenditure screen, but to really feel yourself in the middle of the FOW I just pointed out that should avoid looking at it until the end of the game... I didn't one to imply any criticism towards the way the screen works...

Really this issue has gone way to far for me....

Best

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”