[Help needed] US Air Defense Philippines Bases

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Russian Heel

[Help needed] US Air Defense Philippines Bases

Post by Russian Heel »

I am currently working on a scenario entitled "Sideshow in the South China Sea" that represents a duel between the US Philippines bases and the Soviet base at Cam Ranh Bay(Baza Kamran) in 1984 while the main conflict s taking part in the European/Atlantic theater. It is primarily a land based a/c scenario as I have decided the USN isn't risking carriers in the South China Sea until the bombers at Cam Ranh are neutralized, though there are a few Soviet Pacific Fleet ships transiting the area or in the bay. I plan to have both sides playable.

My question is this: I have no idea what radars or type of US air defense to set up in the Philippines. I have looked and looked and found nothing. I have the Soviet side modeled pretty well, and have the 169th Guards Independent Composite Regiment modeled down to the historical number of aircraft operational on the day of the scenario and numbers of munitions, but my knowledge in US air defense and ability to research it is quite lacking. The war has just started with about a week of build up if that helps for an knowledge of units slated to be deployed. This is the only thing I am lacking to release a test version of this scenario, any help would be appreciated.
Russian Heel

RE: [Help needed] US Air Defense Philippines Bases

Post by Russian Heel »

Actually, it's not very helpful at all. I'm talking about US Army ADA units which would deploy there in the event of war, units that are not permanent party. Thank you for the reply though, I appreciate the response. I did some assessment of units and patterns with availble open source information from the time period and came up with a workable solution.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”