Conflict of Heroes v SPWAW

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Kuokkanen

Conflict of Heroes v SPWAW

Post by Kuokkanen »

As with Achtung Panzer v Command Ops thread, what are the strengths, weaknesses, and differences between Conflict of Heroes and SPWAW? I've seen demands for new Steel Panthers game. Is Conflict of Heroes that kind of material with different name?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
junk2drive

RE: Conflict of Heroes v SPWAW

Post by junk2drive »

COH you move like checkers, think like chess, roll dice and play a card. Nothing like Steel Panthers.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Yeah and in SPWAW you can play just about any nation vs another. Nothing like CoH really. I would like a graphics update to SPWAW though in the image of CoH.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

I would like a graphics update to SPWAW though in the image of CoH.

Agreed. And with the option of 3D units for me or counters for the old timers.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I wish SPWAW was updated to the new graphics. I love this game but with the widescreen resolutions, I just wish it was highly detailed to the new technology.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

SPWAW continues to be one of my favorite games of all time. I recently purchased COH, and so far I like it, but not the way I love SPWAW-GE. The ease of play, ease of understanding how to achieve the objective, the built in FOW, the campaign where your forces are brought through say the battle for Guadalcanal, the many excellent scenarios and user developed scenarios, etc. far outweigh the graphics limitations and the artillery bug (overcome by holding down the shift key). No disrespect for COH, as again I am playing it now. I am also planning to purchase Heroes of Stalingrad and Panzer Command: Operation Star. Still it seems the old games like SPWAW are some of the best designed and developed games out there.
JRR
berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

COH you move like checkers, think like chess, roll dice and play a card. Nothing like Steel Panthers.
Hmm. I was going to take a pass on the current Matrix Holiday Sale (lack of time to play new games, not for lack of money), but this has me intrigued. Some interesting new (to me) concepts there. At just ~$30 for original game plus expansion, I think I'll be buying this.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

Return to “General Discussion”