Two naval combats, two bugs

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Courtenay

Two naval combats, two bugs

Post by Courtenay »

I attach a saved game file with three naval combats, one in the North Atlantic, one in the Western Mediterranean, and one in the Eastern Mediterranean. The last two each demonstrate a different naval combat bug.

The bug in the Western Mediterranean is simple. There has already been a naval combat in the Western Mediterranean this impulse, and it has already been resolved. (Note the damaged Italian cruisers in La Spezia.) I saved this game after the battle, because I was working on the bugs in the other battle, and when I loaded this game, I was surprised to find myself given the opportunity to have another fight in the Eastern Med.

In The Western Med, the Germans flew a NAV to the two box, as did the Italians, and the Italians also flew a fighter to the zero box. Both sides found each other with a two. After three rounds of air to air combat, the CW fighter was still in the 3 box (The Italians rolled three eights) and the German NAV was shot down, the Italian NAV was cleared through, and the Italian fighter was aborted. (The CW rolled 19, 10, and 7.) For AA fire, rolling lowest one of six, the CW managed to get a three. This completely negated the Italian NAVs air-to-sea factor. At this point MWiF popped up a window that said "There are no units that can attack in sea area" (phrase approximate), and ended the whole combat. There should have been another round, as the Italian units in the zero box are still there, as, for that matter, the surviving Italian NAV in the two box.

I had thought I found a third bug in the North Atlantic, until I read the rules and discovered that the search modifier for CPs in a sea box does not apply in storms. [:)]
Attachments
NavalComBug2.zip
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Courtenay

RE: Two naval combats, two bugs

Post by Courtenay »

The Western Med produced another bug a pair of impulses later. Again, both sides found each other. The Italian NAV was cleared through. The Italians had enough surprise to completely negate Allied AA fire. The program then informed me that the NAV's air-to-sea strength had been reduced to zero, and ended all combat in the sea zone.

The program seems to be remembering AA fire from the earlier impulse, which is not correct.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Two naval combats, two bugs

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

I'm working on naval movement and combat bugs today. I'll check these out.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”