Germany doesn't invade Belgium

Adanac's Strategic level World War I grand campaign game designed by Frank Hunter

Moderator: SeanD

mgogorman

Germany doesn't invade Belgium

Post by mgogorman »

The first time I played the game as Triple Entente player, the August 1914 Scenario set up with the historical deployment. Since then, when running this scenario as the TE player, the initial setup always has the German Army heavily deployed offensively against the Russians, with a defensive deployment on the Western Front. Therefore there is no invasion of Belgium, and hence no British land deployment in France. Running the scenario as the CP player produces the historical deployment of the German army, with invasion of Belgium, BEF deployment, etc.
SMK-at-work

RE: Germany doesn't invade Belgium

Post by SMK-at-work »

IIRC there is a chance the AI CP player will go a "Russia 1st" strategy - I think the setup for it is labelled "Moltke"?? Sounds like you drew the short straw a few more times an average.

And yeah they won't invade Belgium, which means no British Empire amphibious moves are allowed in the first turn - so you can't reinforce France - but then you don't need to :)

Bu if you play conservatively with the Russians, the French and English can invade Belgium and the AI CP has a pretty hard time coping with a 2 front war.

Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
mgogorman

RE: Germany doesn't invade Belgium

Post by mgogorman »

Thanks

Return to “Guns of August 1914 - 1918”