Happy to see CC alive!

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the first new release (not a re-make of a previous games) in years in the critically acclaimed Close Combat series. It details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy. Can you match the tenacity of the American defenders of Hill 314? Or can you succeed where the Panzers failed, driving through to the sea and changing history? Improved 32-bit graphics and the ability to control more squads than ever bring the Close Combat engine to a new level.
Babstar

Happy to see CC alive!

Post by Babstar »

Just wanted to say that I'm very happy to see CC alive and love the new Panthers in the Fog release! Last time I Played was CC5 when it first came out.

CC is the Nr 1 wargame for me :)
Javolenus

RE: Happy to see CC alive!

Post by Javolenus »

I also feel happy that CC is alive. It's a great overall design. But I wish the AI could be improved for single-player. I have all the CC remakes and always play single-player -- but it's just too easy. The AI either shuffles its units around aimlessly or performs careless suicide advances into kill zones. It's pretty much impossible to lose in single-player. The only challenge (sort of) is to try to complete a scenario without sustaining any casualties while totally annihilating the AI. Also -- I recently found Eric Young's "Squad Assault" on Gamersgate. It plays very much like CC, has a user-friendly editor, but costs only £4.50. I'd be happier paying the much higher prices for CC remakes if the AI was better ...
Renato

RE: Happy to see CC alive!

Post by Renato »

I concur. CC has had many great improvements in the years, but the AI has had only minor adjustements. This is a pity for those who play single-player.

Return to “Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog”