Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Rosseau

RE: Achtung Panzer v Command Ops

Post by Rosseau »

I got Dec13 update installed, too. No problems.

Is there any reason why I should not choose "Hooper" or "Shield" as DLC? I'd like to get away from WWII a bit (Shilovo).

Thanks
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Question for you Dane. Does the Polygons Update show in the update.cmd screen?

yes,
this is a pathing update for the Taranovka and Rakitnoe maps.
Everything but the engines are installed by the updater.
The engine 5.81c1 is a program the game runs off of.

The polygon update is called the District Update in the updater.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

The modern DLCs are good also and I love them.
Not so much for the campaigns or the maps but I like using the modern stuff for quick battles on the other maps.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

ORIGINAL: Dane49
Question for you Dane. Does the Polygons Update show in the update.cmd screen?

yes,
this is a pathing update for the Taranovka and Rakitnoe maps.
Everything but the engines are installed by the updater.
The engine 5.81c1 is a program the game runs off of.

The polygon update is called the District Update in the updater.

Thanks

EDIT. When I use the updater and try to install the polygon update I get a text screen with question marks on it and the program closes. My question should have asked if it is installed does it show up in the list?

Is there a way to know if the polygon patch is installed and working? Seems like some time ago the may12 polygon would be listed on the update screen.

Can you clarify this?
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Same thing happened to me, but no damage done. I think that was the big 2+ gig download.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

Same thing happened to me, but no damage done. I think that was the big 2+ gig download.

Hmm. I need to look at this in the morning. I think my dl was only[X(] 1.1 gigs.
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Thanks

EDIT. When I use the updater and try to install the polygon update I get a text screen with question marks on it and the program closes.

Can you clarify this?
[/quote]
Thats what I get when installing any patch or update.Any idea why??
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Yes it shows on the list as a district update.
Did you try to install the Russian version Rus
or The English version Eng

Note:This pic also displays the proper order to install your DLCs and updates.

apos_upd_tar_rak_mar13_eng.gt2extension

You may be able to make it work this way too.
which is how I did it.

Open this download with WinRAR and extract the core folder.
open your ingame updater and direct it to that core folder then select all files. A desc. will then appear select this and hit save and play.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Thats what I get when installing any patch or update.Any idea why??

If your using the Matrix version as a base game this is always a hassle because they didn't update to the newest version.

Optionally, install the terrain update ("Polygons Update"): apos_upd_tar_rak_mar13_eng.gt2extension (you will need a download manager for this, or download it from GamersGate). Note. This step is not needed if you have installed the game using the new sep13 game installer from GamersGate.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Ok. I do have the district update. I swear part of the confusion is a lack of naming convention. The polygon file is named one thing but is called something else in the updater. The core update is the same with the version number (4.09) different than what the main menus screen displays. Etc.

Baird have you uninstalled everything and started from scratch again?
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

LOL,

Google Engrish.
I'm afraid this will always be this way unfortunately.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

I'm going to do an reinstall from scratch Baird to see if I can duplicate the correct procedure. It will take me a while but I'll let you know exactly how I did it.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Im am redownloading now,very slow net here in PI,will take 5-9 hours[:D]
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

What are you downloading? Your base game from Matrix?
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

yes,base game
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Installing and Updating Achtung Panzer Operation Star, Matrix Retail Version

1) Install your base game. It should install to C:Matrix Games/Achtung Panzer Operation Star by default. If not change it to there as you do not want to install to Program Files. Leave all items checked through install process.

2) Run game. Version should be 5.77 (1575) on upper right of main menu screen. Exit the game.

3) Download the Core Update file named gtos_cu_581c1_eng <----- Link

4) Download the newest patch named gtos_patch_aug13_rc2_eng.gt2extension <----- Link

5) Run the Core Update file (gtos_cu_581c1_eng.exe) and install it to where you installed the game i.e. in the C: Matrix Games/ Operation Star folder. Do not install to the default Program Files. Leave all boxes checked. The Game Updater screen will open.

6) In the Game Updater screen click the Install button. Browse to find your patch file gtos_patch_aug13_rc2_eng.gt2extension and click it. You should now see in the Game Updater screen that your game is now updated to version 4.09.

7) Click Save and Play. It will be Version: 5.81 (2170) Update: aug.13 in the main menu.

If you want the Polygon Update you'll need apos_upd_tar_rak_mar13_eng.gt2extension <----- Link. Follow #6 & 7 above to install Poly Update. Note: you must use a download manager to get this file for some reason. It is 1234 mb. In the Game Updater it is called District Update 1.03 and should be at the bottom of the list.

Installing DLC's

1) Run the DLC executable which will unpack the Core files of that DLC. (its best to create an appropriately named folder and unzip it there)

2) Open the Game Updater (this can be done by either clicking the version number in the games Main Menu screen or by clicking the update.cmd file in your game install folder)

3) Click the Install button and change the default Addons (packed)*g2extension filter on the bottom right of the screen to All Files*.*.

4) Point to where you have previously unpacked your DLC, open its Core folder and click on the desc.addpack file. Game will update and the DLC will be shown in the Game Updater screen. (All DLC's will be of this desc.addpack type except for the newest Shilovo42. It will be in the .gt2extension format.)

5) Click Save and Play

*Note*

The DLC's need to be arranged by moving them Up or Down to be below the Game Update in priority.

You stated you had Case Blau 1.06. If you got it from Gamersgate it has been updated to 2.01. You can go there to redownload it in its current version. I believe it will be called Volokonovka in the Game Updater now as it's called on their site.

mo reb
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Thanks for the step-by-step MoReb. I am purchasing this on friday (payday) and following this to (hopefully) be able to enjoy this great game with the updates and a DLC or two. Great (helpful) thread and really liked the videos.
JRR
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

ORIGINAL: baloo7777

Thanks for the step-by-step MoReb. I am purchasing this on friday (payday) and following this to (hopefully) be able to enjoy this great game with the updates and a DLC or two. Great (helpful) thread and really liked the videos.

Glad I could help.

A couple shots to torture you. Evening time in Rakitnoe.

baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Should I uninstall the Demo from graviteam before getting the core game?
JRR
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Should I uninstall the Demo from graviteam before getting the core game?

It's not a requirement to run the core game.
The same campaign in the Demo is also in the core game,so you don't need the demo if you want to free up some disk space.

Return to “General Discussion”