I ask your advice.

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

PISA.inWar

I ask your advice.

Post by PISA.inWar »

Hi everyone.
I'm new to the forum. I've Empires in Arms in the table version and I'd like to try to play well on the computer. However, I have the following personal doubts:
(1) I've never played with the PBEM system and do not know if I could alone understand its operation.
(2) Reading the forum I have noticed that there are still many bugs in the system (even though they are years that the game has begun to be sold).
I ask the players if I recommend the forum to try to buy, however, the game, or turn my attention to other games.
Thank you.
Kai

RE: I ask your advice.

Post by Kai »

It's a fun game. Very playable. I would suggest playing it against the AI for a number of games before you try to play a PBEM game.
PISA.inWar

Post by PISA.inWar »

Thank you for your kind and prompt reply. Too bad it was the only ... I was expecting a greater number of responses of many players.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

well i have EiA and i agree that it is excellent - i have enjoyed the single player campaigns and with the newest updates there is a 1812 campaign and many good user made scenarios -so sp is good and pbem has a community but not like world in flames crazy but there are players for it
PISA.inWar

Post by PISA.inWar »

Thanks for your response Agathosdaimon. I would like to know one thing. Once a player has purchased the basic version, you just need to update it to the last link dowonload offered by Matrix, or I have to download all the links with the various download? In other words, the last link you have grouped all of the updates in the links above?
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

when i got the game it was at version 10503 as the download, so you would need to just also get the patch on the matrix website and the pbem game assistance program - those are the only two
PISA.inWar

Post by PISA.inWar »

Thank you for your response Agathosdaimon. I wish you all a good end of the year and a wonderful 2014.

P.S.: I would like to organize a championship Matrix International EiA.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: PISA.inWar
(2) Reading the forum I have noticed that there are still many bugs in the system (even though they are years that the game has begun to be sold).
I ask the players if I recommend the forum to try to buy, however, the game, or turn my attention to other games.

Welcome. The game itself is very stable now with the latest comprehensive patch. Between the pbem bug fixes over the years and the enhanced admin menu for the pbem host to fix things as issues arise, pbem games seem to be working fine.

There are still discepancies between the boardgame and the computer game, and these are considered bugs by many but technically they are not game bugs. They may not be "correct" but they are what they are and apply to everyone, so just consider them game features until Marshall ever gets around to changing them someday.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
PISA.inWar

Post by PISA.inWar »

Thank you for your response pzgndr.
I would like to know if there is a list of active players in PBEM, or find them when I log into the network PBEM?
Forgive my questions, perhaps, appear obvious, but I have not yet purchased the game and do not know what I'll find inside.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: PISA.inWar
I would like to know if there is a list of active players in PBEM, or find them when I log into the network PBEM?

Check out tm.asp?m=1649031 and Generals HQ. AFAIK there are still active games proceeding. Gazfun could chime in and give an update?

PBEM games with less than 7 human players can always designate the AI to play some countries. The AI has its weaknesses but could still play some of the lesser powers like Spain or Turkey to speed up games.
Bill Macon
PISA.inWar

Post by PISA.inWar »

Thanks
gazfun

Post by gazfun »

Hi PISA. in War
we have vacancies in 6 games if you agree to our 24 hour rule for file exchanges
PISA.inWar

Post by PISA.inWar »

hi, gazfun, I'd love to play with you thank you for the proposal, but at the moment I have not yet purchased the game. I will update you when I have done.[:)]
von altair

Post by von altair »

I am intrested about this game as well. Have been watching this forum now and then. Still I am worried
about many unfixed bugreports. Also some people are saying that AI is not that good and it bugs?

What is current status of this game? I also would like to see a demo. I bet that would bring many
new faces into it.

Looks like this forum is not that active anymore, hope someone bothers to answer.

Thanks!
"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?"

"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

-Axel Oxenstierna
PISA.inWar

Post by PISA.inWar »

Dear von altair, the world is full of forums for fans. A forum remains the center of attention of the members and the player only if its directors show to read what is written and try to fulfill the recommendations for improvement. Here, for now I have found to answer a few educated and talented players.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: von altair

I am intrested about this game as well. Have been watching this forum now and then. Still I am worried
about many unfixed bugreports. Also some people are saying that AI is not that good and it bugs?

What is current status of this game? I also would like to see a demo. I bet that would bring many
new faces into it.

Welcome. The current status is up in the air? Designer Marshall Ellis has been on extended absence for the past couple of years, but did reappear briefly last summer with some new development work. The game has been ported to a new compiler, wide screen display is now supported, a few bugs were fixed, etc. AFAIK Marshall intends to return to this project and continue development, but I can't speak for him or Matrix. I just don't know what the future holds.

As for bugs, most of the "issues" are more about differences between this computer game (with some EiH and other features) and the classic EiA boardgame, rather than computer game features that don't work. It is what it is and it's playable, and some things can be adjusted in the admin menu by a pbem host. As for the AI, it has some known weaknesses and can be exploited by experienced players, but it does play fairly well and can provide entertaining and even challenging games for inexperienced players. There is so much depth to this game that newbies shouldn't be too concerned about the AI for quite a while as they learn the game mechanics, different nation strategies, etc. It's a fun journey...
Bill Macon
PISA.inWar

Post by PISA.inWar »

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

Welcome. The current status is up in the air? Designer Marshall Ellis has been on extended absence for the past couple of years, but did reappear briefly last summer with some new development work. The game has been ported to a new compiler, wide screen display is now supported, a few bugs were fixed, etc. AFAIK Marshall intends to return to this project and continue development, but I can't speak for him or Matrix. I just don't know what the future holds.

MATRIX ARE YOU DEAD OR ALIVE?

Dear player, Dear Matrix...
I read here that are dear MATRIX months, nay, years that you do not live on the forum (though Matrix are active on facebook).
- How is it that here we do not deign of your presence and there support?
- We live, perhaps, ina post-atomic era where everything works automatically when everyone is dead?
- The money that one spends on the purchase of a game of who they are collected?
- The money who uses them?
- The money is used as a company should use them?
- In other words, the money paid by clients are also used to make life easier for players and potential customers or trying to get as much money as possible without bothering to give customers a good product to date?
- It costs so much to be seen in a forum?
- And 'more rewarding to invest their time in other market research companies?

P.S.: Sorry for the bad English is translated with google.

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”