Grand Campaign suggestion

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

willgamer

Grand Campaign suggestion

Post by willgamer »

Since there is no core group, I'd like to have Core Generals instead.

Start with 1 general, who can be assigned to any unit, who brings with him 1 (or more) specialized company assets that become part of the unit just like experience driven assets.

The number of generals and/or the number/power of the assets he brings could increase with later scenarios of the campaign.

Thus, in effect, a core group of units that could affect the entire campaign.
Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
Ronald Wendt

RE: Grand Campaign suggestion

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello willgamer,
ORIGINAL: willgamer

Start with 1 general, who can be assigned to any unit, who brings with him 1 (or more) specialized company assets that become part of the unit just like experience driven assets.

The number of generals and/or the number/power of the assets he brings could increase with later scenarios of the campaign.

interesting thought, would need some changes but is quite possible with the GaW system.

For now we are busy with other task, but if players like the idea we would give it a thought when the time for such things is right.

Regards,
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: willgamer

+1

Some sort of core would be good although not PG-style as that would destroy the improved historical feel here. This looks like a good proposal
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,

maybe i should add, you have core units in most of the campaigns, in the main campaign its just of the size of several army groups. Only several special units and the German allies disappear after certain battles. Not all your cores take part in all battles as the A-A campaign often depicts engagements that are at the same time and far away from each other.

Regards,
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

is there anyway the battles could be unlocked so we could alter as in a what if type way?

like instead of a normal setup, you could have a choice of what units to have from the start with a set amount to build your own etc, only an idea, i know most like to keep with what was there, but would be nice to also have a what if type as well, for choice and to see how it would pan out, as in certain battles etc, only a thought, thinking out aloud tbh

silly it may be but i always like to tinker :)

edited for spelling :)
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: Ronald Wendt

Hello,

maybe i should add, you have core units in most of the campaigns, in the main campaign its just of the size of several army groups. Only several special units and the German allies disappear after certain battles. Not all your cores take part in all battles as the A-A campaign often depicts engagements that are at the same time and far away from each other.

Regards,

Teach me to post before actually playing the GC. Works very well
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i'm on mission 19 of the main campaign, would really love to have the option of picking my own equipment.

I'm not talking of either the main start off with either, unlock it once you have played so many battles or all the minor campaigns etc.

what the unlock would give you is a what if type battle, altering what equipment you had to start off with, each battle must have a given strength as in resources etc pre given etc etc, after the unlock you could spend those points / resources on your own setup to replay the same battle.

having the option without the negative effects of selling all your units each battle would give us a different approach to each battle and may or may not alter the main campaign, as you have played so many to have the unlock in the first place i think it would be a nice addition.

thanks for the game, really loving it
looking forward to the follow on and any other dlc / mission there is in the pipe line, if you need a beta tester i have far too much time on my hands and would love to help out....
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”