New Update - Hot Patch - 1.0.8.3

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Shannon V. OKeets

New Update - Hot Patch - 1.0.8.3

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Not a good day for me. From now on I'll give the beta testers time to beat on the code before uploading a new version.

---

This patch fixes the problem created by 1.0.8.0 with a fatal error occurring whenever an intercepted naval unit decided to halt in the sea area where it was intercepted.

The attached file is zipped. Download the file and unzip it. It contains one file: MWIF.exe version 1.0.8.3, which you can install by replacing/overwriting your current MWIF.exe.
Attachments
MWIF.zip
(6.28 MiB) Downloaded 151 times
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Sabre21

RE: New Update - Hot Patch - 1.0.8.3

Post by Sabre21 »

Hate to say this Steve, but I've got another one for you using 1.08.02. See my 1.08.2 bug in tech support.
cdebasso

Post by cdebasso »

well I installed this patch and I am sorry to report that it has done nothing to solve the problem with air combat freezing in the middle
I am playing Global War solitaire and 3 out of 4 air combats freeze in the middle...
Has been like this since the beginning and none of the updates has done anything to change this
Not sure the issue is really that a button stays hidden behind another window
If that were the problem it should still be possible to move the window or resize it
But it is completely frozen
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

No, the issue really is a hidden button. To see that, try and move the background windows when you actually have the button visible -- you will find that you can not.

Freezes in three out of four air combats is unlucky; I would say I have the problem less than half the time, maybe one out of four. Of course, so far I have not had any really huge air combats; most of mine have lasted no more than two or three rounds at most. Minimizing and restoring MWiF sometimes works. I just had a hidden button on several consecutive interception attempts, and (fortunately) minimizing and restoring worked each time. Unfortunately, if minimizing and restoring does not work the first tine, it won't ever work.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
gautebirkeli

Post by gautebirkeli »

"From now on I'll give the beta testers time to beat on the code before uploading a new version"

I agree. I installed 1.0.8.3, but found that the Germans were no longer in supply in North Africa, and I could no longer send build points to USSR, so I rolled back to 1.0.7. That one works better.
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

ORIGINAL: gautebirkeli

"From now on I'll give the beta testers time to beat on the code before uploading a new version"

I agree. I installed 1.0.8.3, but found that the Germans were no longer in supply in North Africa, and I could no longer send build points to USSR, so I rolled back to 1.0.7. That one works better.

In light of the above I thinks I will stick with 1.0.7 until Steve confirms that the newer versions are bug free
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
gautebirkeli

Post by gautebirkeli »

I will have to correct myself with regard to the lend lease. The same happened with 1.0.7. Convoys available from US/UK to USSR, no iced in port, no reason the CW and US build point should not be sent. Could it be the game decided to send the Brazilian produced US Build point and the Australian produced CW build point and found there are no convoys available to send them?
Shannon V. OKeets

I will have to correct myself with regard to the lend lease. The same happened with 1.0.7. Convoys available from US/UK to USSR, no iced in port, no reason the CW and US build point should not be sent. Could it be the game decided to send the Brazilian produced US Build point and the Australian produced CW build point and found there are no convoys available to send them?
Build points are sent from Capital to Capital. For example, from London or Washington D.C. to Moscow.
Steve

Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

So got the game for Xmas but confused right now as to whether these latest patches are stable and should be used with the game right now. Seems folks are reporting issues, but not sure if they were pre-existing issues or more introduced with the latest patch.

Can someone please confirm if the latest patch should be loaded and which one? Thanks.
celebrindal

Post by celebrindal »

Bunch of us are sticking with 1.07, while it has some faults it seems far more stable then 1.08. The biggest issue of note so far is the convoy system might cause you some grief and the BP that Japan is supposed to send is bugged. Not sure if you could try and send an additional one to make up for it..
Order is nothing more than Chaos on a bad day.

Dave
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

If Japan has a saved build point, and either there is no convoy chain from the US to the Philippines or the Philippine resource is being lent to China, then the US will get its build point. I am not certain that the Japanese saved build point is necessary, but those two conditions are sufficient. In my game the US is down one build point for the whole game, not one build point per turn.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Majorball68

Post by Majorball68 »

ORIGINAL: celebrindal

Bunch of us are sticking with 1.07, while it has some faults it seems far more stable then 1.08. The biggest issue of note so far is the convoy system might cause you some grief and the BP that Japan is supposed to send is bugged. Not sure if you could try and send an additional one to make up for it..

Naval battles are much more stable with the 1..0.8.3 patch. Can work around most of the other issues in this patch but not having the game crash mid naval battles is a huge help as it was a pain to try and recreate them and then for it to crash again in another round of the battle.
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Build points are sent from Capital to Capital. For example, from London or Washington D.C. to Moscow.

LL Res/BP are send from the map location they reside/factory they are produced in (FAQ Q13.6-15 makes this clear) to any city/major port in the recipient's home country (13.6.4 Transport). There is a capacity of 1 BP per city/capital/major port/factory (all cumulative), which is applied towards the LL received from all donors.

So the case you stated is included, but not exclusive.
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
smokey

Post by smokey »

What is the concsenus on this update? I see that some are staying with 1.07 and when you check for an update in game it says that 1.07 is the current update? So, is it worth updaing to 1.08.3 or better to stay with 1.07?

Thanks in advance?

celebrindal

Post by celebrindal »

Any word on the next patch?

Dave
Shannon V. OKeets

Today.
Steve

celebrindal

Post by celebrindal »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Today.

Slacker ;-)

Thanks Steve.

Dave

Return to “World in Flames”