Ampihib TF

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Coach Zuck

Ampihib TF

Post by Coach Zuck »

Ok Gang another Question……

Does the Land Cmbt Rating of an Amphib TF Commander affect the invasion at all?

I was under the belief in Basic WitP that it did, especially invasion of Atolls?
Can't see anything confirming or denying this.
Thanks,
Seth
Nami Koshino

RE: Ampihib TF

Post by Nami Koshino »

The land skill of the Amphibious TF commander has no effect on ground combat.

However, an amphibious HQ commander with a good land skill rating results in units landing faster, with less disruption and fewer losses. They work best if loaded on an AGC in the invasion force.
Rice is a great snack when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something to eat.
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

My understanding of the role of a HQm (Amphib HQ) is that it should be in a separate Amphib TF with the main TF in the invasion hex but it DOESN'T unload. It stays aboard the AGC to lend the assist that it can give to an invasion. Unfortunately I don't believe the manual addresses this need of a separate TF. Other members of the forum might provide more information or correct what I've suggested. Hal
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

The HQm doesn't need to be in a separate TF, it'll function equally as well as part of the unloading TF. Further, the code won't let it unload until all other troops in the TF have unloaded, & you can prevent it from unloading by merging / transferring your 2nd-wave troops into its TF.

Beware keeping your HQm at sea too long - like any other LCU, it'll start to accrue disruption.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”