Ipad Query - Where are Reinforcements?

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Hanal

Ipad Query - Where are Reinforcements?

Post by Hanal »

Twice during the mega campaign Polish Campaign, a message announced that reinforcements have arrived. However I cannot for the life of me find them anywhere on the map or deployment screen. In both instances I had one core slot available for a new purchase and they were both duly removed after the reinforcement message appeared. Despite this, I checked all over the map, but found nothing. Even if my old fart eyes would have missed them, I still should have come upon them when I cycled through all of the units using the next unit option, but none showed up, even during the following turns. They were also not present in the deployment screen either. If this is not a bug, then I am doing something terribly wrong...regards
FroBodine

RE: Ipad Query - Where are Reinforcements?

Post by FroBodine »

J P - I thought it was just me. I swear that I have not been able to find my special reinforcements that are given to me at the start of a mission. I am playing the '39 campaign, and I have gotten this message twice, but cannot find the new units. I would think they would have a unique name, or be identifiable somehow. As Mr. Falcon says - could this be a bug?

Can someone please help us? I am absolutely loving the iPad version of this game. I never thought I would buy the same game twice, but I'm having a blast with this.

I also wish they would add the campaign scenario trees to the library.
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

I also wish they would add the campaign scenario trees to the library.

Until than for the Campaign tree art, you can consult them here:

tm.asp?m=3302258
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

and?
Rudankort

Post by Rudankort »

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

Twice during the mega campaign Polish Campaign, a message announced that reinforcements have arrived. However I cannot for the life of me find them anywhere on the map or deployment screen. In both instances I had one core slot available for a new purchase and they were both duly removed after the reinforcement message appeared. Despite this, I checked all over the map, but found nothing. Even if my old fart eyes would have missed them, I still should have come upon them when I cycled through all of the units using the next unit option, but none showed up, even during the following turns. They were also not present in the deployment screen either. If this is not a bug, then I am doing something terribly wrong...regards

I'll check out this issue. Can you tell me in which scenario(s) exactly this is happening?
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

For me, it was two scenarios in the '39 campaign. I don't remember the actual scenarios. But, if it is hard-coded in the campaign to receive them during specific scenarios, then I hope that helps you.
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

I am not 100% certain but they were back to back scenarios and it might be Lodz & Piatek..I want to re-emphasize that in both cases I had one available core slot open and the reinforcement message did take the available slot away.If this is truly a bug then I'm surprised more people have not come across this, unless there is some small circumstance that causes the replacement not to appear...
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

It's the mnt jäger and the panzer 38(t). I don't think they play tested the dcls. I played on FM setting and ran into units with 5 strength points. The FM setting works fine with the reg Wehrmacht campaign but it is broken with the add ons.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Good find rogo! I sure hope this gets fixed ASAP. That is kind of a big bug.

And - it is DLC, not DCL. DownLoadable Content. Sorry to be a grammar lawyer, but my OCD got the best of me!
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

ORIGINAL: rogo727

It's the mnt jäger and the panzer 38(t). I don't think they play tested the dcls. I played on FM setting and ran into units with 5 strength points. The FM setting works fine with the reg Wehrmacht campaign but it is broken with the add ons.

I hope this is not the case that the DLC's were not properly tested...The only reason I bought the game for a second time is because I only had a couple of mega campaign packs for the pc, so I wanted to devote my Ipad play towards that...
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Same with me, J P. I bought it again for the same reason. I do not regret it for a minute, but I sure hope they add the missing features pretty quickly.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

We will have to wait for the British to get done with their holiday tea and crumpets er wait biscuits for the next patch.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

I will be satisfied just to have someone from Slitherine confirm that it is indeed a bug. I have suspended playing through the campaign until I find out because I do not want to keep missing reinforcements in future scenarios.....
kevini1000

Post by kevini1000 »

I'm having the same trouble with missing reinforcements since updating to 1.22. It happened to me in the Minsk 41 scenario.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

if there are any issues they'll be fixed very quickly. Obviously Christmas has slowed us down but we are back in the office as of today! While the game was tested the amount of content is enormous and not everything was played through in the final version so it is possible things were missed but we'll get them sorted out ASAP.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Return to “Panzer Corps”