Identify core units during play

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

KewDok

Identify core units during play

Post by KewDok »

I have been searching for the answer to this, but no luck.

How do I identify core units while playing a scenario? Is the only way to rename them?
KewDok

RE: Identify core units during play

Post by KewDok »

Of course I find it right after posting.

For the ones out there that had the same problem as me, the way of finding them is the golden colour., like around objectives.
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Golden color? Do you mean the core units have a glow outlining them? I have never noticed this. I must be blind.

demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Yup, they have a gold box with a number on it, tough to see at times

By the way, how do you view the map without the units showing on the map?
artofwar85

Post by artofwar85 »

I think the only way is to view the Strategic Map this is discussed on page 14 of the manual. The Hotkey for the Strategic Map is F5 this is a Toggle meaning it jumps between the strategic map and the normal map each time you press F5 also you can click on the strategic map button which is located in the row of buttons just above the mini map.

Anyway, press and hold the space bar whilst in the strategic map view in order to remove all the units. You can also click on the Ground./Airunits button to remove those units respectively. Also, whilst in the strategic map you see all of the victory point locations. they are in gold border circles.

If you are viewing the normal map and you put the mouse over a hex for example where one of your units is the type of terrain is named on the right this is in fine light grey print just below the Mount/Dismount button. This info also shows when there is no unit in a hex too.

Problem is no way to remove the units in the normal map view that I know of this would help since everything is larger maybe a patch can fix this but would probably be a lot of work.
There is a Peace that is only found at the other end of War.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks artof War, I usually go to the strategic map and look at the air component, now I will use the space bar to clear them off the map. Yes, it would be a good idea to have a "Key" to press when looking at the map to just see the terrain.
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

I don't think the iPad version has this glow to distinguish the core units on their strength number. If it is there, it is so damn subtle that it is of no use.
Rudankort

Post by Rudankort »

ORIGINAL: jglazier

I don't think the iPad version has this glow to distinguish the core units on their strength number. If it is there, it is so damn subtle that it is of no use.

It might be subtle, but it is there. :)
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Could it be made less subtle, so it is useful, please?

Return to “Panzer Corps”