DOW loop during netplay

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

khucke

DOW loop during netplay

Post by khucke »

During our current game , we got caught in a loop as Germany declares war on Poland, US entry chits are drawn and DOW window pops up again, again entry chit rolls and so forth. First time we encountered this.
The save file is from the end of the setup phase.
Attachments
2014global7.zip
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Derne

RE: DOW loop during netplay

Post by Derne »

Hi. I am khuckes opponent. I would like to attach my savegamefile no6 for bug-repairs - but the forum denies upload with the message that "c:/fakepath/2014global6.rar" is not recognized...???? I dont get it.
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

When you try and upload a file on the forum, the form tells you
gif/txt/jpg/zip are supported

rar is not a file format that the forum recognizes. You have to compress files to a zip format, not rar. If you are using windows, just go to the file, right click on it, click on "Send to", and click on "Compressed (zipped) folder".
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Derne

Post by Derne »

Thx a lot. Here it is
Attachments
2014global7.zip
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Empire101

Post by Empire101 »

My opponent and I haveupgraded to 1.09 and we have exactly the same issue. After Germany declares war and the chit is drawn, the game is in a perpetual loop with 'Germany declared war on on Poland' coming up on the screen

If save game file is required, please let me know and my opponent and myself will forward them post haste.
[font="Tahoma"]Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
[/font] - Michael Burleigh

khucke

Post by khucke »

Funnily in our game the bug has evaporated with 1.09.
Empire101

Post by Empire101 »

ORIGINAL: Empire101

My opponent and I haveupgraded to 1.09 and we have exactly the same issue. After Germany declares war and the chit is drawn, the game is in a perpetual loop with 'Germany declared war on on Poland' coming up on the screen

If save game file is required, please let me know and my opponent and myself will forward them post haste.

We cannot progress beyond the DOW stage when Germany declares war on Poland and the US draws its entry chits. If you can point us in the right direction we would be very grateful
[font="Tahoma"]Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
[/font] - Michael Burleigh

TykeAbroad

Post by TykeAbroad »

ORIGINAL: khucke

Funnily in our game the bug has evaporated with 1.09.

Hi,

I'm Empire101's opponent.

Which patches did you use?
khucke

Post by khucke »

We ran into this bug in version 1.08.3, after updating to 1.09 we were able to continue. At the time we were astonished that no one else was encountering this. This bug was not mentioned on the 1.09 change log as fixed.
A strange bug, easily fixable it would seem, because it's a hard-coded event not dependent on any options or certain player actions.
abchambe

Post by abchambe »

I reported this bug on Dec. 18 with v. 1.0.6. Unfortunately neither 1.0.7. or 1.0.9. have fixed this bug for us. I'm speculating that it is not impacting all netplay games, so it hasn't become a high priority for Steve to fix yet. The only way I have found to work around this is to have the Axis make a declaration each impulse (e.g. Costa Rica, Tibet, Paraguay, etc.). This is a very short term solution in the hope that there would be a solution soon, but that has not been forthcoming. My opponent and I are going to switch to a head to head game to avoid this until it is resolved.
TykeAbroad

Post by TykeAbroad »

A quick update.

My opponent (Empire101) and I decided we would uninstall the game competely and re-install from disc and then only apply patch v109.

For us, for one game anyway, this fixed this bug. We no longer looped when the Germany (auto-)declared war on Poland.
Hurrah.

Not sure if this was a fluke, or a 'fix', but at least we could do the first impulse this time.

(We are now stuck again as, at the start of the 2nd impulse, the Axis did not declare war on anyone and the game has hung in the US entry phase - I seem to remember seeing someone else report this elsewhere.)

Return to “Tech Support”