Supply Percentage

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Vease101

Supply Percentage

Post by Vease101 »

If I set a unit at 50% supply what exactly does it mean? In certain situations where units are a long way from the front or Engineer units that won't be used for some time I set them at 50% thinking that this frees up supplies to be sent to other units that need them more urgently. Is this how it actually works or does it just mean that the HQ for those units hoards the difference and doesn't actually pass it on?
Vic

RE: Supply Percentage

Post by Vic »

See chapter 16 in the manual but in short what it does is limit supplies sent. It will have little consequence for 100% readiness units, but will affect low readiness units that will now consume less but at the cost of not recovering readiness (or only partially). It should be used if you are running low on supplies in general or in a pocket to prioritize which units will receive the majority of the supplies that are available.

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vease101

Post by Vease101 »

Thanks for the reply Vic, it works kind of how I thought. Why would limiting supplies not seriously affect a unit at 100% readiness? I understand the point about units at less than 100% not recovering readiness but surely a lack of supplies must have some consequence for movement and/or combat?
Vic

Post by Vic »

Only if basic supply need is not met (which you cannot simulate since minimum supply rate you can set is 50%) will readiness start to decrease.

Furthermore units will lose readiness when moving or doing combat. Not very advisable to do this for multiple turns with '50% supply' units.

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”