Weapon 'Splash' and CDE

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

bsq

Weapon 'Splash' and CDE

Post by bsq »

With a single 500lb bomb this should not happen:

Losses:
4x SA-3c Goa Twin Rail [Pechora-2M, MZKT-8022]
3x SA-7a Grail [9K32 Strela-2] MANPADS
2x SA-22 Greyhound [KAMAZ-6560 8x8] TELAR
1x Vehicle (Low Blow [SNR-125])
1x Vehicle (Flat Face B [P-19])

The weapon impacted one of the SA-22 vehicles (dropped from 40000' - another issue perhaps) and the rest were caught in the blast. Cant recall the 'danger close' for a 500lb bomb (it's somewhere on the web with some USMC 9 line stuff) but it is less than the 400 metres that seperated these units...
Dimitris

RE: Weapon 'Splash' and CDE

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks. Is there a pre-impact save for this?
bsq

Post by bsq »

I am afraid not, I was doing manual BDA to see if I could 'fix' another issue and noticed this.

I can contrive to do it again if you like, will just target that particular complex and only allow them a couple of Mk82 based LGB. It may take a few runs to repeat it, given the probability of a direct hit.

The CDE table is here http://www.docstoc.com/docs/46608769/CA ... -S-CAS-A-C

You need to be quite close (less than 300 metres) to even have a 1:1000 chance of being fragged by a Mk 82
bsq

Post by bsq »

Ok, this should demo it, I have got them IP inbound to the site having just declared it hostile.

I got a single hit with a GBU, but you may need to run it a few times to ensure just one weapon impacts...

Attachments
TheBigSt..shIssue.zip
(426.19 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

Even a non-direct hit should also damage the area around the target, correct? The falling bombs do not simply either hit, or vanish, I mean. Could the misses have caused the other damage?
Edit.. I misunderstood your post... disregard this.
SireChaos

Post by SireChaos »

I think Navwarcol is onto something here. I´ve noticed quite often, especially with naval guns, that the yellow "unit is hit" symbol flashes when the message logs states a shot missed the target by a small amount - typically less than 20 meters for a 4-6 inch gun. And thin-skinned vehicles full of fragile electronics could take hideous damage from shell fragments.

A question for the developers: does CMANO model secondary explosions? I.e. if the bomb hits one of the SAM vehicles and sets off a SAM sitting on the launch rail, could the resulting explosion damage other units in the vicinity?
bsq

Post by bsq »

You don't stick a SAM site on a sheet of glass. You place things in revetments. In any case these are huge areas over which a single weapon is fragging multiple launchers and vehicles.

Shouldnt happen.

0.1 PI for this weapon is just over 200 metres. Thats for a man standing in the open. So 1 in 1000 chance of incapacitating an unprotected human being... The spacing on some of these SAM sites is many 100's of metres and in all cases they are about 300 metres across at least.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

We'll definitely take a look. Thanks for providing the files!

Mike

Return to “Tech Support”