Army Organization

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

Beruldsen

Army Organization

Post by Beruldsen »

I'm a bit confused about organizing an Army. Let's say I have a stack with a 3 Star General and several other generals. I'm the Union and it is very early in the war (July '61). Presently the generals and units are all in one stack and under one tab. Can I create new tabs with generals and units and still be part of the Army?
keeler

RE: Army Organization

Post by keeler »

Separate tabs/stacks won't be part of the same army until you can attach them as corps. Creating a corps requires a general to be at 2 or 3 stars within range of an army stack. To simulate command and control problems early in the war, you cannot create corps until March 1862. Separate stacks may fight in the same battle, but they have a smaller chance to do so at the same time, will not benefit from the army leader, will not receive any bonuses beyond what is in their stack, and (being smaller groups of elements) have a higher chance of being destroyed.

Return to “Civil War II”