Small screen resolution (1280 x 720)

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Davidt

Small screen resolution (1280 x 720)

Post by Davidt »

Hi,

I really enjoy MWIf but have a question.
I ran into issues with the naval form, where the combat type cannot be chosen, due to the form being cut off at the bottom of the screen.
After checking the forums, I found information in Players manual vol.1 section 8.6 "screen layout", stating that the game is unplayable in resolutions below 1024 x 768.

So if i'm stuck with a screen with a resolution of 1280 x 720 - has anyone found a workaround to make the game playable?

Merry Christmas and happy gaming to everyone.
David
David Clark

RE: Small screen resolution (1280 x 720)

Post by David Clark »

Google for GiMeSpace (which is easy to use but the version you need is $20), or Infinite Screen (which is free but you'll need to figure it out). They both allow you to create a virtual desktop larger than your screen size, which you can then scroll around on to see the missing form elements.
BigDave57

Post by BigDave57 »

I also am having the same problem with Production Screen. Did you find a solution? And how do you check the size of your monitor anyway?
David Glenn
BeastieDog

Post by BeastieDog »

Big Dave,

In Win7 right click the desktop and select Screen Resolution from the menu. 1024 x 768 is the minimum required resolution for MWiF.

Depending on your resolution you may also need to hide the task bar by right clicking the taskbar and selecting Properties and check the Auto Hide box.

Dog
Davidt

Post by Davidt »

Hi,

@ David Clark: Thank you.

GiMeSpace does the job for me.

Return to “Tech Support”