Naval battle crashes

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Majorball68

Naval battle crashes

Post by Majorball68 »

Have been having game crashes after fighters and bombers duel it out in Naval battles. The Air battle goes ok and then when you get the option to spend surprise points on reducing AA fire or increasing your own it crashes and asks me to send a bug report to Matrix. Happened in more than 1 battle and its a point you cant save.

Do these bug reports go somewhere useful or do I need to upload the game file to see if it can be recreated?
Sabre21

RE: Naval battle crashes

Post by Sabre21 »

It would probably be better to attach a zipped savegame to this thread with steps on how to recreate it. That way one of the beta testers can grab onto it and validate it for Steve and get it logged into their system. I do think though this bug may already be there but it never hurts to attach a savegame.
jusi

Post by jusi »

Looks like I have already seen this bug and reported it to Matrix... It is very annoying. Indeed, in my games, almost every naval combat involving air units and several rounds is going to crash at some points, preventing big naval combat at all.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon [;)]

Julien
Majorball68

Post by Majorball68 »

ORIGINAL: jusi

Looks like I have already seen this bug and reported it to Matrix... It is very annoying. Indeed, in my games, almost every naval combat involving air units and several rounds is going to crash at some points, preventing big naval combat at all.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon [;)]

Julien
Yes that sounds like the issue. Quite frustrating writing down all the die rolls, assigning losses and having to do the again when it crashes. Sometimes you can do exactly the same thing and you might get another 2 rounds of naval battle. The common stage appears to be when you have the option to spend surprise points on reducing your opponents AA or increasing your own.
jusi

Post by jusi »

According to its release note, patch 1.0.8 should solve this bug. Not tried yet...
[&o]
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Majorball68

Have been having game crashes after fighters and bombers duel it out in Naval battles. The Air battle goes ok and then when you get the option to spend surprise points on reducing AA fire or increasing your own it crashes and asks me to send a bug report to Matrix. Happened in more than 1 battle and its a point you cant save.

Do these bug reports go somewhere useful or do I need to upload the game file to see if it can be recreated?
I believe this problem was fixed in either late December or January.

If anyone is still having this problem, would they please add a post to this thread with the details.

[MadExcept reports eventually end up in my hands and I keep careful records on all those I receive.]
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”