Saper222(Ger)VsMktours(Sov)1.07.11---Saper welcome

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Callistrid

RE: T4north-center

Post by Callistrid »

Mktours i belive you need to guard the key cities with good troops.
mktours

Post by mktours »

another counter attack in the south, which freed the 3 encircle air-drop brigades.
This minus SS div is always easy to be beat by the SHC, despite being the best weapon of GHC.

Attachments
T4battle3.jpg
T4battle3.jpg (159.49 KiB) Viewed 96 times
mktours

Post by mktours »

I always guard cities, but sometimes I was fooled by the displayed defending CV of them. I have some bitter lessons in the later turns. Thankfully they didn't cost my the entire game, but there are some big loss in the later turns.[:)]
ORIGINAL: Callistrid

Mktours i belive you need to guard the key cities with good troops.
mktours

T5 north

Post by mktours »

T5 north before SHC act
There are possibly 2 HQ build up in the north-center. In this map you could also see I drive all the troops to the front, there is no a single man in Moscow.

Attachments
T5nb.jpg
T5nb.jpg (297.48 KiB) Viewed 96 times
mktours

T5 south

Post by mktours »

T5 south before SHC act
My final decision to move the 2 strong Calvary divs off the right bank of Dnept is disastrous( my worry about Stalino probably unjustified, as the spearhead unit is a panzer division, which is unlikely to have 47MP unless it had done a HQ build up last turn, but it is possible). The GHC Pzs suddenly released mass power, cross the big river and made a big break through.

Attachments
T5sb.jpg
T5sb.jpg (201.81 KiB) Viewed 96 times
mktours

RE: T5 south

Post by mktours »

The battle to capture D-town
2 Pzs and Wiking SS did a deliberate attack to capture D-town, which shows that their fuel in stored is surprisingly high.

Attachments
T5battle1.jpg
T5battle1.jpg (185.03 KiB) Viewed 96 times
mktours

Post by mktours »

T5 north-center SHC act
I move the mass troops to engage the GHC spearhead, they would soon to be out numbered and beat hard.

Attachments
T5n.jpg
T5n.jpg (224.55 KiB) Viewed 96 times
mktours

Post by mktours »

T5 south SHC act
I cut off the GHC spearhead, and the GHC would have to attack across the river again.
I didn't have troops to defend Stalino, all armament and vehicle industry in the city have been moved this turn, so I left it open.

Attachments
T5s.jpg
T5s.jpg (212.94 KiB) Viewed 96 times
KamilS

Post by KamilS »

Hi

Out of curiosity.

How often, on average each of you get increase of CV while attacking and defending? Is multipllication evenly spread across whole front or does it mainly affect area of intensive fighting with good commanders?

How many crucial battles were won and lost due to good/bad rolls? (defensive and offensive).

Just general feeling, not precise date.
Kamil
mktours

Post by mktours »

Kamil,
I didn't study the reports. Most of the attacks were made by best leaders or super-number attack, The heavily engaged front are lead by 7 rating leaders, so there is not comparison between good leader or poor leader.
There are some clues: clear hex, super number, bombing before attack( I am surprise to see this as SHC, as when I played GHC, I felt it had completely no effect), fatigue and short of ammo on the other side.
Most of the attack did fall into 1:1>2:1 zone. So, if this rule is removed, fight forward would be suicide.
Saper has exaggerated my attacks of course, I didn't win hundreds attacks a turn.[:)]
ORIGINAL: Kamil

Hi

Out of curiosity.

How often, on average each of you get increase of CV while attacking and defending? Is multipllication evenly spread across whole front or does it mainly affect area of intensive fighting with good commanders?

How many crucial battles were won and lost due to good/bad rolls? (defensive and offensive).

Just general feeling, not precise date.
Flaviusx

Post by Flaviusx »

Kamil, from recent testing, any given combat will fall under a bell curve distribution of results. The distribution will vary according to leadership, higher leadership will cluster around higher results. The more you start adding other things like SUs, reserves, and airpower, the larger the variances will be between the top and bottom of the bell curve. The exact same attack will vary each time you do it, sometimes wildly so.

If you bomb a hex before attacking it, this makes a fairly major difference. Like up to 30% more likely to win a given combat, assuming everything else being equal. It can turn close shaves into wins. Knowing this, I absolutely would insist on a house rule to forbid spam bombing.
WitE Alpha Tester
mktours

Post by mktours »

I want to say something more about the 1:1>2:1 rule. As we know, this rule only exist in the soviet defending, and it result in more soviet casualty than GHC even if the SHC win the battle, for example, GHC retreat and lose 1000 men, soviet win but lose 3000-4000 men.
When the tide changes, the soviet would need 2:1 to advance, that is fair.
Good GHC would never complain about this rule. In my game with Saper, I won many battle, but he also got opportunities to send those heavy winning troops to the POW camp 1 or 2 turns later, the GHC has its own tool kits.
As SHC, counter attacks are playing with death.
Please follow this game, and you would see a game much like what happened in 1941 in history.
KamilS

Post by KamilS »

Thanks to both of you for answers - so unfortunately new patch didn't change anything in that department.
Kamil
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Kamil

Thanks to both of you for answers - so unfortunately new patch didn't change anything in that department.

As Flaviusx stated it is nearly 100% predictable how many CV you need as SHC to win battles.

mktours is wrong or not that skilled at exploiting it as it is 100% impossible to pocket the troops that exploit the rule.

If mktours was using cav/mech/tank units they have more then enough MP's to stay far from the front, attack and them move off the front lines.

That's how Saper does it, then by blizzard you have high morale mobile units.

mktour must be new because loses can easly be replaced even on the German side this early in war, its about morale.

Kamil 1v1=2v1 is literally an I win button as it is possible for the SHC side to win 51 of 51 battles vs 2 infantry divisions in Lt. woods in July 1941, which is completely unhistorical.

.12 limited GHC by about 20% MP's on average without fuels drops ect. SO simply run for 4 turns then its easy as pie more so then it was before to counter attack and win 95% ( 100% is not out of the question ) of the time even vs 2 infantry divisions in woods.

If your not on the offensive by September 1941 as SHC your not very good.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

ORIGINAL: mktours

Please follow this game, and you would see a game much like what happened in 1941 in history.

It is a game we like to play , otherwise the first 25 turns would mean boredom to death .
mktours

Post by mktours »

Gabriel,
This game has no boredom at all, each turn was full of surprise and I enjoy it very much.
ORIGINAL: Gabriel B.

ORIGINAL: mktours

It is a game we like to play , otherwise the first 25 turns would mean boredom to death .
mktours

T6 north

Post by mktours »

With the high MPs of 56 Pz corps, which was very likely to do a HQ build up last turn, the Pzs ran into the swamps and cut off 3 strong division on level 2 forts. The situation looked serious, but I have strong reserve troops to react.

Attachments
t6nb.jpg
t6nb.jpg (186.13 KiB) Viewed 96 times
mktours

RE: T6 north

Post by mktours »

T6 center, before SHC act.
The exhausted 3rd PzG made a hasty thrust and ran into a trap, in which they would be stuck for a long time.

Attachments
T6c.jpg
T6c.jpg (187.02 KiB) Viewed 96 times
mktours

Post by mktours »

T6 south, before SHC act.
In the south, I significantly under-estimated the power of the GHC Pzs.
Saper did a very good sequence of attack to unhinge the SHC defence and break through, Kharkov has been captured!
From hindsight, I probably should use the rail capacity to react to the break through, instead of railing out the Stalinno industry.

Attachments
t6sb.jpg
t6sb.jpg (193.83 KiB) Viewed 96 times
mktours

Post by mktours »

The battle to capture Kharkov.
I did put 2 infantry division to guard the city, but obviously the displayed CV could be misleading. A bitter lesson to learn. I was expecting that the city could be locked, and my troops on the flanks would counter attack. With the city losing, my plan has been completely shattered.

Attachments
T6battle1.jpg
T6battle1.jpg (191.34 KiB) Viewed 96 times

Return to “After Action Reports”