your dreams about witp 2 :)

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

czert2

your dreams about witp 2 :)

Post by czert2 »

mine :):
1. posible start in 1937 - begining of china war
2. player will have more control over production (mean starting of new ahistorical constuctions) with some based on posibilities and not historical facts - say as japan you are succesfull and have plenty of planes/pilots in 44..so you need shinano as full fleet carrier, not as floating supply base for other fleet carriers :).
3 "ahistorical" upgades - since now, you know if that ship (class) was sunk in 42/43 and it will survive in your game to 45..you are forever stuck in 42/43 version, unless you manualy modify database
4. implemented events, based on your gameplay - say if you conquer of 60-80% of territory+ capital of enemy nation it will surender...removing need to capture dot bases.
5. perfomance based events - say if you perform better than in history, then leadership can give you rewards - like starting constuction of new units (and you can select which ones :) ), assign ou new war targets, extra units...and of course if you perfom badly they can give you ultimatums (or they will remove you from command) or simply restict your commad to certain areas
6. hq can give you war goals (which can act as guide to players :)) - like conquer this are in 6 monts, increase aircraft/ship production..etc.
7. historical map - so you can compare your actual progres (in months) to historical reality
8. diplomacy - so you can speak with your allies/neutrals - or more precisely - you will make these propositions to your nation eadership and it will consideate them, and then accept, decline or modify and send to that nation :).
Numdydar

RE: your dreams about witp 2 :)

Post by Numdydar »

So why not just play HoI III :) It has all of that already [:)]

The game is already over 1,600 turns and you want to add another 1,500+ to it [X(]. That is not a dream it is a nightmare.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

1. Better AI
2. Better scalable interface a la Tracker.
3. More detail (more bases, units, devices etc.) a la RHS mod
4. Aviation gas

Call it Rear Admiral edition beacuse your rear will hurt trying to play the game.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

1. A more user friendly editor. You plug in known stats for things and the game engine does ALL the work converting those stats into the more nebulous values like "maneuver", "accuracy", "soft attack", "hard attack", etc. Right now there's just too much guess work and abstraction and no one seems to know or be able to divulge how those values work or what they're based on. Therefore impossible to create scenarios involving anything other than predefined editor items.

2. The ability to control ALLIED production also.
Spidery

Post by Spidery »

1. Gas - covering aviation and vehicles
2. An automated pilot training program (put air groups into it, specify what pilot skill you want)
3. User-defined pilot pools (so you can set up a pool for ASW and another for Ground support)
4. CAS Missions
5. Differentiated costs to build aircraft (2 Nates or 1 Frank?)
6. More flexibility with PDU OFF or less with PDU ON
7. Revamped withdrawal scheme, eg. must withdraw a BB of at least xxx VP value, if none are available then given a different requirement and take a one off PP hit.
spence

Post by spence »

1) A scenario that runs from April 1942 to December 1943 but map wide. The victory conditions would not allow the IJ player to "win" because of what was done before (the original IJ victories) but would require the attainment of some 2nd Phase objectives. Likewise the Allied Player would have to do some things better than what was accomplished IRL (There would have to be a wide span of victory points that would constitute a Stalemate in game terms). The pull for players of either stripe would be that they needn't endure those portions of the war (beginning and end) where one player is completely dominant.

2) A "But Not In Shame (credits to author John Toland)" scenario: Dec 41-Mar 42. We already have Downfall for all the JFB masochists. This is just an equivalent for the AFB masochists. In this one the map would be restricted to Malaya, Burma, DEI, PI. More less the equivalent of the scenario included in the original WitP scenarios. A nice 100 day scenario (short) if properly balanced VP wise.
Miller

Post by Miller »

"ahistorical upgrades" already exist. Just look at all the CVs Japan lost at Midway for starters.
czert2

Post by czert2 »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

1. Better AI
2. Better scalable interface a la Tracker.
3. More detail (more bases, units, devices etc.) a la RHS mod
4. Aviation gas

Call it Rear Admiral edition beacuse your rear will hurt trying to play the game.

Oh yeah, i forgot - in my dream withp have integrated tracer in it :).

And why no hoi3 ? well i play it too, but i dont like it that much like withp, because of to big genelazition, some big innaucuracities, soem thinks completly missed....well it realy need a lot of modding work to feel histrorical accurate.
czert2

Post by czert2 »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

So why not just play HoI III :) It has all of that already [:)]

The game is already over 1,600 turns and you want to add another 1,500+ to it [X(]. That is not a dream it is a nightmare.

well im REALY big massochists :).
And china war will progres much fatser, because you know, you dont have to plan pacific invasions :). And it will be great way to test ai for supplying bases :).
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

1) Better AI

2) Better ground combat model; current model and 1 day turn rate is really bad combination.

3) New UI.
czert2

Post by czert2 »

ORIGINAL: Miller

"ahistorical upgrades" already exist. Just look at all the CVs Japan lost at Midway for starters.

for some ships yes, for others not :).
Miller

Post by Miller »

ORIGINAL: czert2

ORIGINAL: Miller

for some ships yes, for others not :).

All ships sunk in the real war, no matter how early, have upgrades in 44 or 45.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Ability to control incoming trainee pilot flows on a monthly basis. Same rules for HI expenditures, but I'd like to be able to stem the flow a bit.
Feltan

Post by Feltan »

If I am going to dream, I'll dream big: a world wide map using the WITP-AE system to model modern day political, military and economic events. I don't care if the turns take a couple of days -- it would be cool beyond belief, and I would probably have to consider early retirement and relocating to a secluded cabin so no one would bother me.

Regards,
Feltan
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Well, I doubt you will ever see a WITP2.

However, one thing that would be fun is a 1945-46 scenario with all of the cool late war and post war goodies. It would assume that the Torch landings ended in disaster thus committing the Allies to a defensive strategy in the Pacific for two years. Thus the strategic map in the Pacific would look more like mid 1943 when mid 45 rolls around. It would be a lot of fun, but would take some thought to design.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
kaleun

Post by kaleun »

You know, I believe this is the busiest forum in the Matrix game arena.
IMHO if I was running Matrix, I would consider a WITP2 at some point.
I'm sure it would be profitable.
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: kaleun

You know, I believe this is the busiest forum in the Matrix game arena.
IMHO if I was running Matrix, I would consider a WITP2 at some point.
I'm sure it would be profitable.

Probably not. It is a devoted sector of gamers who are passionate about the game. (That is why we have AE), but it is not really that large of a group and not many units could be sold. Personally, considering the time I have spent playing this damn game over the past decade, I would gladly pay $400 for a new one. That is cheap considering what I would get out of it. But most would not.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
kaleun

Post by kaleun »

I would gladly pay $400 for a new one. That is cheap considering what I would get out of it. But most would not.

What he said.
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
Moose

Post by Moose »

Easier UI, campaign from 8/42 until end.
morejeffs

Post by morejeffs »

Just make a Japanese language version of AE (no need to change the rules). This way, we can get a lot of Japanese players (who will most likely prefer to play the empire to join PBEM ranks). Making it would be easy (just need lots of translation). There is a decent sized market for Pacific War games here (demand met by local Japanese companies) I would doubt any of the local product could compare to AE. It would also be an easier business decision.
that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”