1.9.13 bug.

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

ASHBERY76

1.9.13 bug.

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Jackanta Ivory resource is available at asteroids fields.
drmario89

RE: 1.9.13 bug.

Post by drmario89 »

I believe I've seen it in ice asteroids waay before the most recent update and thought that it didn't make a whole lot of sense, but I didn't think to report it. Who knows, maybe there are space mammoths.
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Yes the bug started a few patches ago but its seems no one reports the obvious.
Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

Sometimes asteroid fields are remains from the beginning of the solar system who didn't made it to be a planet.
Sometimes asteroid fields are remains from a planet who shatter apart, whoever knows the reason. At this case why not, some animals could live on this planet before and remains as ivory at the asteroid field.
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Errr I think not.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: drmario89

I believe I've seen it in ice asteroids waay before the most recent update and thought that it didn't make a whole lot of sense, but I didn't think to report it. Who knows, maybe there are space mammoths.
ORIGINAL: Canute

Sometimes asteroid fields are remains from the beginning of the solar system who didn't made it to be a planet.
Sometimes asteroid fields are remains from a planet who shatter apart, whoever knows the reason. At this case why not, some animals could live on this planet before and remains as ivory at the asteroid field.
ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

Errr I think not.

From the Galactopedia:
"Jakanta Ivory comes from the ivory tusks of the Jakanta ice-beast.
Jakantas are reclusive creatures that inhabit the mountains of Ice planets. They are large, six-legged bear-like animals with thick shaggy white fur. Their tusks can grow to lengths exceeding 3 meters.
Occurrence: moderate
Type: Luxury Resource"

For immersion sake, I'm presuming that Elliot is supposing that Ice Asteroids derive from impacted Ice Planets (Single asteroids) or Ice Planets that didn't completely form (Ice Asteroid belts). Thus finding fossils of the Jakanta Ice-Beast on asteroids could be feasible and working as designed
and not a bug.
(Like Canute previously stated, just my opinion though!)
[:)]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Fishers of Men

Post by Fishers of Men »

It could be part of an unintended consequence that the code looks for an ice environment and rolls for a percentage of Jakanta Ivory appearing at that location. Maybe it was intended to appear at an ice planet, but ice asteroids fit the code description. Just a guess.
Old............but very fast
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

ORIGINAL: Fishers of Men

It could be part of an unintended consequence that the code looks for an ice environment and rolls for a percentage of Jakanta Ivory appearing at that location. Maybe it was intended to appear at an ice planet, but ice asteroids fit the code description. Just a guess.

Or its an intended event as Canute and ehsumrell have surmised. I think it adds to the immersion myself as well. If we live long enough to mine our own asteroid field we will be able to see what all it contains. Until then its subjective. Message Elliot and ask him.
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Like I said this has only appeared in the last 2 few patches and not the 2 years before.The amount of asteroids that has them as a resource is silly in realism terms and gameplay.

Return to “Tech Support”