Question about adding images to messages

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Mgellis

Question about adding images to messages

Post by Mgellis »

Quick question...

It seems that to add an image to a message, one inserts a URL. Does it actually insert the image, or just a link? (If the latter, I can see why people can't access the images I'm trying to include, as those are on my hard drive.)

Thanks.

Tomcat84

RE: Question about adding images to messages

Post by Tomcat84 »

Just a link as far as I know
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Yes, just a link.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

So, if I inserted a link to a file in my hard drive, when someone else plays the scenario, the message now directs them to the same location in that person's hard drive...and since that file does not exist there, they just get the message and no image?

Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Well, fortunately, I only had three scenarios I had to fix, taking out the dead image links that I thought were going to show people a cool image of a flag when they won the scenario. Grumble, grumble, grumble! :)

Seriously, there should be a new Action added to the event editor--a media action (I'm assuming the text editor used for briefings, messages, etc. can't be modified to simply embed images...or can it?). I mean, when people win a scenario, you should be show them a picture or play some music or a cool animation or something. I want to be able to show them an American flag and play the Star Spangled Banner, just like in Harpoon, when people win one of my scenarios where they're playing the Americans! A link is nice, but what happens if the link goes down?

brassem

Post by brassem »

Nice question, got to agree on this. I hope the game engine can support this feature.

i7-3930K@3.2Ghz&H100liquid|ASUSP9X79Deluxe>X680/OC|32GBGSkillPC2400|2TBRaid0|Antec1200&1200WTruePower|ASUSGV278H-3D|SBX-FiT-Pro|TurtlebeachDPX21|Win7-64U

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”