Migration Factor, incoming or outgoing?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

VerdantSF

Migration Factor, incoming or outgoing?

Post by VerdantSF »

I created a new theme where I boosted the migrant factor for all non-humans to 5.0 (+400% migration). I'm trying to get non-humans in a human civ to spread out more within the empire, instead of staying clumped on colonized/conquered worlds. However, when I conquered a mortalen independent world, the colony summary text said, "The Mortalens give this colony a +400% migration bonus." That makes it sound like they're making the colony itself a hub of incoming migration, rather than making the Mortalens more likely to migrate off the world. So far, I haven't seen any Mortalens popping up on other worlds of my otherwise Human empire. Anyone know for sure how this works? Should I instead increase the migration bonus for humans to encourage more migrants to join/spread within the empire?
Deathball

RE: Migration Factor, incoming or outgoing?

Post by Deathball »

You know, you could just set the race policy on the conquered world to resettle.
VerdantSF

Post by VerdantSF »

Oh, I didn't read that bit closely enough. I just assumed that "resettle" encouraged them to leave the empire for other empires entirely, not other worlds in the same empire open to them. Thanks!
VerdantSF

Post by VerdantSF »

I gave that a go, but I lost a lot of non-humans to other empires on my border. I followed several migrant passenger ships, one-by-one, to confirm that they were leaving for other empires. So I went back to the modded theme idea, but this time I gave the migration bonus only to humans. Now playing as a human empire, that bonus does indeed entice other races to settle in my empire. The closest empire to me is Boskaran, and 6 of my 9 colonies have Boskarans.

Return to “Design and Modding”