DCG Question

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Vease101

DCG Question

Post by Vease101 »

Its at least ten years since I played a Campaign in East Front, reinstalled JTCS and started having a blast again. I was wondering what the highest rank you can get in a DCG is? I remember becoming a divisional commander playing as the Axis but don't remember if that was Lieutenant General or Major General (whatever the German equivalents are). I don't think it was possible to reach Colonel General or Field Marshall?
Big Ivan

RE: DCG Question

Post by Big Ivan »

Hi Stephen,

You can conceivably get all the way to a Corps commander (Lt. General) I believe.

I say that because that is the highest unit available in the DCG.

I've never made it past Colonel (Oberst) because my campaign has either ended or my character was killed. Of course I have never
tried a DCG like AG North, AG Center or AG South spanning the whole time period of the Eastern Front. Someday I'll talk myself into it.

Speaking of a killed commander in a DCG game, I have used the restore character function once but it seemed after
that point my character got no promotions or medals but just accumulated experience points. This happened in the
Winter Tempest DCG.

Happy holidays!
Cheers!
John

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”