PACIFIC CORPS?

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

RJL5188

PACIFIC CORPS?

Post by RJL5188 »

are u guys going to do a Pacific Corps theater?
"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)
Lord Zimoa

RE: PACIFIC CORPS?

Post by Lord Zimoa »

We might in the future, but next one is Soviet Corps first.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

We might in the future, but next one is Soviet Corps first.

Lost one sale anyways.
RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

i sometimes wonder how beat to death the eastern front has been done all these years...we need some more pacific theater games...but...soviet corps does have my interest
"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)
SpeedyCM

Post by SpeedyCM »

Lots of eastern front games because of the massive scale of the theatre over four years.

Honestly if there is one WW2 theatre that is overdone in wargaming compared to it's size and duration it is the Western Front from June 1944 to May 1945.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

We need a Polish Corps game. That would be something different [:D]
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Yes the possibilities are endless!
ORIGINAL: Numdydar

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

Try Fall Weiss I really enjoy it.
ORIGINAL: Numdydar

dsawan

Post by dsawan »

Korea Corps and Germany'46-55
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Zulu wars. That would be awesome .
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: SpeedyCM

Lots of eastern front games because of the massive scale of the theatre over four years.

Honestly if there is one WW2 theatre that is overdone in wargaming compared to it's size and duration it is the Western Front from June 1944 to May 1945.

Noooo, the Eastern front is more overdone than that theater. I can't begin to count all the remakes of the eastern theater games out there. Way too many to count on one hand. Both theaters are done to death though, we need some more africa corp games and pacific land battle games. Up the italian boot games are welcome too. But, please no more western or eastern front games including WWI. Flight WWI games tactical turn based yeah but none of the others.
pcpilot

Post by pcpilot »

Well, honestly, soviet corps is cool. But it has been overdone. What we have seen little of is the Pacific. Ill likely buy soviet corps as long as I can afford it; budget pretty beat up these days. I simply want to support the devs. And it would be interesting to see their take on the east front from a soviet perspective. But the tamale Im waiting on is Pacific Corps.
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Looking forward to the Soviet Corps, that would be cool.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Misconduct

Post by Misconduct »

I am actually looking forward to Soviet corps, with a new Pacific game coming out soon - this is really two things I miss. Pacific General was a total flop, and I never got to play a Russian panzer general.

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I guess for me I loved pacific general. What I loved the most was how easy the editor was. You could create a whole campaign in half a day. Some guy even created a hued data base that had ever single unit in allied and panzer general.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

how about Hussar Corps - ie napoleonic - it could be possible even with the panzer corps style
Elgamor

Post by Elgamor »

personally i believe the pacific theater for this game type (turn based) has not been over done. i remember Pacific General being the only good one, i cant even remember the names of the other two. I really liked Pacific General, so much so that i went out and found an emulator that lets me still play it. being able to build and maintain a fleet along side having to build and maintain an army was a welcome challenge and change. as was mentioned the soviet front has been done to death, especially considering all the many grand campaign maps fighting them. besides i have enough soviet units in my CORE force in the grand campaign to simulate a Soviet corps game. :)

so end verdict i would eventually buy a soviet corps game but it would be many years down the road, but a Pacific corps? i would find a way to buy Pacific corps soon after its release.
Do what you can with what you've got.
If that doesn't work, try something else.
R35

Post by R35 »

ORIGINAL: Elgamor

personally i believe the pacific theater for this game type (turn based) has not been over done. i remember Pacific General being the only good one, i cant even remember the names of the other two. I really liked Pacific General, so much so that i went out and found an emulator that lets me still play it. being able to build and maintain a fleet along side having to build and maintain an army was a welcome challenge and change. as was mentioned the soviet front has been done to death, especially considering all the many grand campaign maps fighting them. besides i have enough soviet units in my CORE force in the grand campaign to simulate a Soviet corps game. :)

so end verdict i would eventually buy a soviet corps game but it would be many years down the road, but a Pacific corps? i would find a way to buy Pacific corps soon after its release.
In case you don`t know about it yet, there is a turn based, PG like game being developed for the Pacific theater. It has its own sub-forum here, at matrix forums:
tm.asp?m=3488994
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

After Soviet Corps, a Pacific Corps seems the logical next step, but for that some important gameplay, scenario editor and engine updates would be needed, so it is on our list for the future, a final decision will be made after Soviet Corps is finished.
Elgamor

Post by Elgamor »

sweet glad to hear it Lord Zimoa. and thanks for the link R35
Do what you can with what you've got.
If that doesn't work, try something else.

Return to “Panzer Corps”