Newb Q's

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

willgamer

Newb Q's

Post by willgamer »

Just a few random Q's...

1. The on-map hill terrain type says Hill EW; what does the EW mean?

2. Can the number of auto saves be chosen somewhere?

3. Can a attached units ever be changed/unattached?

4. Can a inf. unit choose to be in their apc, even if not moving long distance?

5. Are aircraft intended to provide, especially with attached visibility, such extensive recon (two aircraft could expose about 1/4 of the map in my last game)?

Nuff for now.... back to enjoying the game [:)]
Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
Ronald Wendt

RE: Newb Q's

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello willgamer,

welcome to Germany at War !
ORIGINAL: willgamer

Just a few random Q's...

1. The on-map hill terrain type says Hill EW; what does the EW mean?

2. Can the number of auto saves be chosen somewhere?

3. Can a attached units ever be changed/unattached?

4. Can a inf. unit choose to be in their apc, even if not moving long distance?

5. Are aircraft intended to provide, especially with attached visibility, such extensive recon (two aircraft could expose about 1/4 of the map in my last game)?

Nuff for now.... back to enjoying the game [:)]

1. EW is East-West the main direction of the ridges

2. No, currently you only can turn them on or off. But a limit set by the player is a good idea.

3. No, they stay with the unit to the end

4. No, as there are penalties being in the apc the game only changes that if necessary

5. Actually this is something we were about to cut down. Its too much they can recon right now.

Regards,
willgamer

Post by willgamer »

ORIGINAL: Ronald Wendt

4. No, as there are penalties being in the apc the game only changes that if necessary

It looks to me like inf. becomes a armored target when in an apc with higher def. numbers. So is the fact that they can't attack the only penalty?
...or am I just confused [&:]
Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,
ORIGINAL: willgamer

ORIGINAL: Ronald Wendt

It looks to me like inf. becomes a armored target when in an apc with higher def. numbers. So is the fact that they can't attack the only penalty?
...or am I just confused [&:]

yes, the values of the sdkfz are indeed sometimes better than the one of the unit. In these cases it would be desireable to get the extra shelter thats true. Frankly this never came up until now, its kind of a special case that slipped through!
We will have to think about what should be done for this one.

Thanks for pointing it out!

Regards,

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”