Rebuilding LCUs

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

wga8888

Rebuilding LCUs

Post by wga8888 »

I have an all three subunits of an Indian Inf Division in the same base, all with the same HQ and objective. However I do not have a REBUILD option. I am guessing I have to move then to a base with more than 20K supply, but that will take 7+ days or movement; I prefer to keep them where they are as the IJA is pressing. Any ideas of what would prevent an Rebuild?
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
alimentary

RE: Rebuilding LCUs

Post by alimentary »

All of the fragments must be present, all must have the same HQ, all must have the same op mode (strategic, move, combat, reserve, etc). Any packing or unpacking for strategic move mode must be complete. The TOE of the fragments must be compatible. So, for instance, if one brigade has upgraded from 18 pounder to a 25 pounder artillery, all must do so before the division can be rebuilt.

There is no supply requirement.
erstad

Post by erstad »

If you click the "unit organization" button there will be comments on the right indicating what keeps the unit from combining, if it's op mode or HQ or whatever.

MichaelU

Post by MichaelU »

I have elements of the 11 Indian division in Karachi that I'm trying to get to rebuild, and they show a "No parent" error. Some of them I bought back after they got destroyed in Singapore, does that mean they lose their connection to the parent unit?
wga8888

Post by wga8888 »

In looking, two of the three have 25 pounders, one still has 18 pounders. I do not think I have control over this.
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: wga

In looking, two of the three have 25 pounders, one still has 18 pounders. I do not think I have control over this.
Look at 16.4.1 in the manual its p261. The control you have is to make sure the unit is at a supplied base and that the upgrade allowed button (lower left) is on.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
alimentary

Post by alimentary »

In order to get the third unit to upgrade you also need to have sufficient 25 pounders in the pool to fill out the unit's TOE. In scenario 1 at least you only get 28 per month. It would be prudent to turn off replacements/upgrades for all other land combat units that might be competing for those devices.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: wga

Added in a patch, you can also go into the device list and set individual devices to Stockpile. IOW, not be issued to anyone at all. This will "reserve" the device for the LCU concerned until it has built enough to upgrade your Indian guys. Then turn off replacements for every unit that uses the device, and on for that LCU. Once it upgrades go back and turn on the ones previously turned off. It's tedious, but it can save a lot of time when dealing with low/slow-build devices.
The Moose

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”