Download vs. Physical Option

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Hotschi

RE: Download vs. Physical Option

Post by Hotschi »

ORIGINAL: 76mm
ORIGINAL: Hotschi
You are asking for too much - just because YOU do not like the books, nobody should thus be allowed to write that he likes them?

Talk about being self-centered. [8|]

You should learn to show some respect for opinions and tastes different to yours.
hmmm, I have plenty of respect for opinions and tastes other than my own, but that consideration should work both ways.

Then isn't it about time you show the respect you claim to have? And it's good that you realize that that consideration should work both ways, because in your case, it doesn't, not at all.
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: 76mm
You are asking for too much - just because YOU do not like the books, nobody should thus be allowed to write that he likes them?

Talk about being self-centered. [8|]

You should learn to show some respect for opinions and tastes different to yours.
hmmm, I have plenty of respect for opinions and tastes other than my own, but that consideration should work both ways.

Then isn't it about time you show the respect you claim to have? And it's good that you realize that that consideration should work both ways, because in your case, it doesn't, not at all.

It's the not fact that people like them. But the insulting responses from a minority (DSW). Repeated over and over. IMHO anyway.

I like books. I've bought enough of them over the decades. But the only physical copies of games from this company are ones I bought in a store, (Uncommon Valor), or WiTP and Star Shatter. (Bought the last time they were at Lancaster. A long time ago.)

And 76mm, did get the books. They just are not, and may never be, in his hands. Being he is in Russia and IIRC, the manuals are here in the States with his relatives.

And I would imagine that he can play the game just fine using the pdfs.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
hkbhsi

Post by hkbhsi »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We're going to have an announcement next week about our decision on this. I'm sorry for the additional wait, but wanted to let you know more information is coming.

Regards,

- Erik

I'm sorry if I missed it but has the aforementioned announcement been made by Matrix?
b5mith

Post by b5mith »

Just had my books delivered today. I'm in Melbourne, Australia; Anyone want them?

Surely the motivation for being forced to buy the books is (somehow) a financial one. From a business perspective, fine; Ethically, it's questionable. The environmental impact of shipping things around the world is not insignificant. Having said that, I bought them so I'm complicit. And I've just come back from a holiday in Europe (I was at Essen, but didn't see the Matrix stand!). I like to think my environmental footprint is still smaller than average, because I don't plan on having kids. :P

I would have been happier with a "Buy the books and throw them in the recycle bin" purchase option, or even a digital version for $180; Anything would have been better than the mystifying and *entirely* pointless (in my case) shipping at great expense.

Ben
JiminyJickers

Post by JiminyJickers »

ORIGINAL: hkbhsi

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We're going to have an announcement next week about our decision on this. I'm sorry for the additional wait, but wanted to let you know more information is coming.

Regards,

- Erik

I'm sorry if I missed it but has the aforementioned announcement been made by Matrix?

No nothing yet, I'm still checking in daily for an update. Hopefully soon.
msvknight

Post by msvknight »

Maybe if you are unmarried and your money is your own to spend without explanation; you can justify a $160.00 game. As a married man, that amount has to be defended and justified to someone to whom the entire hobby is akin to me acting like I am 12 again. At least as massive achievement as Hannibal at Cannae. Well more like Custer at Little Big Horn to be honest.

Yes I like the books, but I only bought them because I have been waiting since last century for the computer version of WiF. I eagerly clicked on the $110.00 for the game only to wear $57.00 postage in the neck. I went ahead only because in my head I had committed to buy it before knowing about the 50% delivery premium. At that point I was emotionally committed and went ahead anyway (yes I know Warspite - weak willed. Now shush).

It was always too late for me to save through Matrix changing its conditions as I bought it day 1, but I hope they do so that other people will be able to take advantage of that.
6079SmithW

Post by 6079SmithW »

@Michael Knight - hear hear, that was my experience, too.
GrimOne

Post by GrimOne »

Have just checked the sales option again. Its still $50 to ship to Australia. Which is nearly 40% of the cost of the game.
So I wont be buying today.[:(]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Apologies guys, I was out last week after a death in the family. I'll update you on this as soon as I can.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

My condolences Erik..
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

My condolences Erik..

Same here.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

It never rains but it pours. [8|]

Sorry to hear of your loss Erik.
Alba gu' brath
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

Erik,

My prayers are with you and your family.

Flipper
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Sorry to hear of your loss...
Peter
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

My condolences to you and yours.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
danimaning2

Post by danimaning2 »

It´s any new, Erik?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys, working on getting you news this week.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “World in Flames”