Screen size problem

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: 2xPelin

torrone

Screen size problem

Post by torrone »

I have UoC patched to 1.05 and Black Turn DLC added. When I open the game the screen is too
large for the monitor. As a result I cannot see or access the buttons on the bottom of the
screen, such as Start Scenario etc. I have tried different screen resolutions but the lower
the resolution the larger the screen, making the problem worse. At the highest screen
resolution the screen is still larger than the monitor, making the buttons on the bottom of the screen
inaccessible. I have also tried windowed mode, rather than full screen, but this does
not help either. Any ideas?
2xTom

RE: Screen size problem

Post by 2xTom »

Hi torrone,

please check out: Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Display. If the size of all items is set to "Medium" or "Large" then the game is scaled (by Windows OS, not us) as well.

You should open the game in windowed mode, go to Options, and set the windowed resolution to 1024x600. This is the smallest possible window, so it should be visible even when scaled (enlarged) by Windows OS.

Alternatively, you can go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Display and turn the setting to "Smaller" while you're playing the game.

Cheers!

Tomislav Uzelac
Unity of Command Lead Developer
torrone

RE: Screen size problem

Post by torrone »

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure that would work. But I found another workaround. I right clicked on the Desktop shortcut and clicked on Properties/Compatibility and then checked the box "Disable Desktop Composition". When I rebooted the game if all fit on the screen just fine.

Return to “Tech Support”