Frozen in waiting - NetPlay - Remove Air: Axis

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

abulbulian

Frozen in waiting - NetPlay - Remove Air: Axis

Post by abulbulian »

Bill and I tried to played some more MWiF netplay and almost got through turn 1. Tried a few saves to get past what seems to be a crash (just frozen - eventually get crash) after I end the 'Remove Air' phase for Japan. Bill as the allies seems the 'waiting' as I do. Too bad, we want to try and play more. Looks like we stuck here until this bug is fixed or somebody knows a workaround. We're trying hard to get through a turn, but it's been rough and somewhat traumatic.

screen shot after I clicked end phase

Attachments
mwif_remov..s_freeze.gif
mwif_remov..s_freeze.gif (406.71 KiB) Viewed 179 times
- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
abulbulian

RE: Frozen in waiting - NetPlay - Remove Air: Axis

Post by abulbulian »

Bill's going to upload the save file.

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
abulbulian

Post by abulbulian »

Bill dropped ball and never attached save, but I mailed it to MadExcept@MatrixGames.com earlier. Believe Bill's wife told him it was time to go to bed [:'(]

abulbulian

Post by abulbulian »

Here's the file zipped up, so others can have access to look/test it as well. Hope this can be resolved, since Bill and I are not able to play forward until it is. [:(]
Attachments
ab_bw_glob..rm_air_4.zip
(1.51 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Zorachus99

Post by Zorachus99 »

Get the update while it's hot!
Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln
abulbulian

Post by abulbulian »

Yes, I just got patch. Unfortunately Bill might be unavailable for a few day because of work obligations. I know, what is he thinking [8D]
Don't have a way to test NetPlay atm without Bill. Unless somebody has ideas. Not sure if this was one of the fixes in 1.060 that Shannon mentioned?

abulbulian

Post by abulbulian »

Shannon, no comment? Was this something that was addressed in 1.060? Haven't been able to get Bill's time to test it as his work and family always gets in the way. [;)] Hoping after few days to at least have one comment from moderator? This is tech forum? Trust me I understand you're very understaffed. So being patient, but also trying to help. Netplay is tricking in many ways, so once again understand it is fraught with many bugs. Hopefully most can be identified and fixed this year [8D].

bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

Still broken with 1.6 :'(. Please let us help fix this. I'm trying so hard not to rage over the fact I spent $100 to sit here and get pissed off.

This is completely unacceptable. So let us help fix this. Shit Ara & I will write code (for free) if it helps fix this faster. You guys were totally boned by removing me and Ara from the test group.
-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
abulbulian

Post by abulbulian »

Bill and I tried again this morning to make it through the 'Axis Remove Air' phase (Japan) and 1.060 didn't address our bug. We went back to the scrap units phases and just ended phases to see if anything prior to that might have been causing the freeze. Same issue. I'm more upset at this point because a moderator has not posted anything in this thread. Even if it was just a 'will look when have time' post.

As it stands we can't play on until 1.070 it seems. If there's a workaround to get us past this freeze, let me know. If not, will be a chance to catch up on other tasks this weekend as no MWiF.

Looking forward to getting past turn one, hopefully before 2014. [:'(]

Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: abulbulian

Bill and I tried again this morning to make it through the 'Axis Remove Air' phase (Japan) and 1.060 didn't address our bug. We went back to the scrap units phases and just ended phases to see if anything prior to that might have been causing the freeze. Same issue. I'm more upset at this point because a moderator has not posted anything in this thread. Even if it was just a 'will look when have time' post.

As it stands we can't play on until 1.070 it seems. If there's a workaround to get us past this freeze, let me know. If not, will be a chance to catch up on other tasks this weekend as no MWiF.

Looking forward to getting past turn one, hopefully before 2014. [:'(]
I'll see what I can do towards fixing this over the weekend.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Bill and I tried to played some more MWiF netplay and almost got through turn 1. Tried a few saves to get past what seems to be a crash (just frozen - eventually get crash) after I end the 'Remove Air' phase for Japan. Bill as the allies seems the 'waiting' as I do. Too bad, we want to try and play more. Looks like we stuck here until this bug is fixed or somebody knows a workaround. We're trying hard to get through a turn, but it's been rough and somewhat traumatic.

The flags show that the Axis side has finished the phase. None of the Allied side major powers have. Or at least the messages that they have finished the phase haven't been sent to/received by/processed by the Axis computer.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
abulbulian

Post by abulbulian »

ok Shannon.

Not sure what you're tell me? I know all this?

Not hard to reproduce or explain. At least on our end (reproduced in 1.05 and 1.06)

- Got through to Japan (last axis player) to 'Air Removal' ended phase. Didn't do anything for Japan, just ended phase for them. Tried also doing nothing but ending phase as axis starting with scrap units. Just to test if anything done previous with Italy or Germany messed something up. Still same issue w/ freeze.
- Both Bill (allies) and I (axis) see the 'Waiting' text on our ends.
- Both sides also have end phase button disabled now too.

Simply put: We're stuck.

So my questions for you are

- does this bug explanation make sense to you
- were you able to reproduce from the save we attached
- how else can we help expedite a fix?

abulbulian

Post by abulbulian »

Shannon,

Not sure I understand your last comment? How do we attempt to continue? I click end-phase for Japan, now neither the axis or allies can do anything to move on. Both sides just see the 'waiting'.

bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

on my side it's on the phase "annual additions" and it says waiting... and never comes back.
ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

The flags show that the Axis side has finished the phase. None of the Allied side major powers have. Or at least the messages that they have finished the phase haven't been sent to/received by/processed by the Axis computer.
-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »