Will it run on my laptop?

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

TomBombadil711

Will it run on my laptop?

Post by TomBombadil711 »

Sorry, but I am a total computer dummy. Will the game run on my laptop

Windows7
Intel Core i3CPU M 370 2.40 GHz (4CPUs)
4096 MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 310M/Intel HD Graphics 1696 MB

Thanks in advance.
Ol Choctaw

RE: Will it run on my laptop?

Post by Ol Choctaw »

yes, it should. Though not very fast. A game booster might not be the worst idea and make sure nothing else is running in background and that you have plenty of disk space for V-RAM
Ol Choctaw

Post by Ol Choctaw »

Actually mine is almost the same. The above is for the latest patch, but I found some malware on my pc that was slowing it down. Your laptop should be fine.
TomBombadil711

Post by TomBombadil711 »

Thanks for your reply. Now I have to decide if this is the right game for me. How many pages has the manual?
Ol Choctaw

Post by Ol Choctaw »

About 120 pages but not all of that is rules.

It is a very deep game with many levels. Easy to get a working grasp of it but mastering it can be a something else.

But if the Civil War is interesting to you, you don't want to pass it up.
Toro12

Post by Toro12 »

I actually learned ACW1 by doing the in-game tutorials, then using the manual as a ref. (ACW2 is very similar, but with a few nice twists and turns.)

I also run on a laptop, but my chip set is i7.

I concur with Ol Choctaw -- if you like the American Civil War, this game is great.

Oh, and expect to get spanked as you learn the game! It will do that until you get many of the mechanics down.
TomBombadil711

Post by TomBombadil711 »

Thanks, Gentlemen. I have bought the game and am currently struggling with command structure [8D]

Return to “Civil War II”