Recording Video

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

RangerX3X

Recording Video

Post by RangerX3X »

Has anyone had any success recording game play video and if so what application do you use?
Arjuna

RE: Recording Video

Post by Arjuna »

Would you like the ability to replay a recording of the game, one where you could at any point in time issue new orders?
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

ORIGINAL: RangerX3X

Has anyone had any success recording game play video and if so what application do you use?

I saw that with the latest NVidia driver and Geforce Experience thingie came ShadowPlay, which is supposedly an easy way to capture gameplay into video (if you have an NVidia card). Haven't tried it yet, though.
RangerX3X

Post by RangerX3X »

Arjuna – what I was looking for was something that could record the game as it is played and have some form of video output that could be uploaded to YouTube, such as what FRAPS or PlayClaw currently does with other games (however those applications sadly do not work with the Airborne Assault engine-series games). However what you suggest is rather intriguing.

B_Geek – I saw that earlier today when I was looking into PlayClaw and some other things, however I have an ATI card on my main gaming rig so that kind of rules me out for the moment (until ATI feels the need to come up with a counter to NVidia’s offering).

budd

Post by budd »

you could try bandicam. The free version lets you record 10 minutes with the bandicam logo on screen. It cost $39.00 for unlimited recording time and you can remove the logo. I've recorded some FPS footage and uploaded it to you tube. http://www.bandicam.com/

here's some video i shot playing serious sam 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgmzIHcrwA4
click the gear and select 720 to see how it looks.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Would you like the ability to replay a recording of the game, one where you could at any point in time issue new orders?

yes please!
RangerX3X

Post by RangerX3X »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

you could try bandicam.

That actually works, albeit I did it in desktop mode. The resulting video is linked below. I am not sure what it is about it though, but I don't think I am 100% sold on it just yet.

YouTube Video
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

ORIGINAL: RangerX3X

MSI Afterburner does a really good job with any NVidia GPU on pretty much any manufacturer's board and it is freeware. I'd put it up against FRAPS anyday.
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Is that a hint? Because that would be a fantastic feature.
ewilkie

Post by ewilkie »

I just tried it with CaptureWizPro and it worked, cursor and all. You may need a second monitor if you want full screen. It won't let the video controls - stop, pause, record - reside inside the capture window.
You can Google CaptureWizPro. There is a free trial available. It also works great for still and audio capture.
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

+1 !!!
ORIGINAL: phoenix

yes please!
skarp

Post by skarp »

OMG would I? - even if no orders were allowed. It'd be great to replay bits I'd not been able to watch at the time, and a good tool for AARs.
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

I always paused (prior to giving orders) and did before and after save games. I also kept a commander's log (journal). Thus, I never really took screen shoots while playing. I always picked the saves after the game to reload for taking images and creating the AAR. (This approach of many saves also made for good beta testing.)
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

And sometimes, I would just create a journal entry and take a save game when something was of interest.

The advantage of a save game over a screenshot is that you can play around with the many different display and view options to get the perfect image which you want to post. Realtime screenshots and/or video would not give you that level of control.
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
joeyeti

Post by joeyeti »

A Replay feature would be great! Even if without an export to a video file, it could then be used for capturing that whole affair by an external program, as was mentioned...

And if you could issue different orders? Wellll.... :)
Joe
skarp

Post by skarp »

In the meantime I can report success with freeware CamStudio recording 48 mins of scenario start to finish. 5 frames/sec and No sound - can change that. 78MB size. Plays in MPC. Looks a good tool for AARs and bug hunting [:D]
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Is Cam Studio based on Camtasia? If so, then that is what I used to make the tutorial movies.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
skarp

Post by skarp »

nah. It's a little indie opensource freeware thing. Loads of opportunities to install legitimate but crap software during the installation but seems to work well enough. Managed to cap some already reported bugs in action.

Return to “Command Ops Series”