To be or not to be Vichy

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Sabre21

To be or not to be Vichy

Post by Sabre21 »

Well I thought I would take an interesting journey and see what happens once Vichy is declared and then have a German unit walk into that territory and collapse it.

Well I ended up on an unexpected journey when following the declaration of Vichy and the die rolls were made for all the territories to see who stays FF, not one single territory rolled to be FF, they all went Vichy. I did make sure all the French capital ships were in a French home port. But even with that, all went Vichy.

So...I walked a German unit into Vichy territory and the game crashed. Does anyone know what should happen in this situation? Does France magically come back? Is it a Free France or is it the old France unable to cooperate with anyone?
oleb

RE: To be or not to be Vichy

Post by oleb »

What should happen is that Metropolitan Vichy France becomes conquered. All other Vichy territories become Free French (unless there is an axis land unit there, in which case it becomes conquered by that units controller).
Ktarn
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Yes, and Free France gets created and is supposed to pick one of the colonies as its new home country.
Paul
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Yes, and Free France gets created and is supposed to pick one of the colonies as its new home country.

The problem is, Free France does not exist anymore since all of the colonies went Vichy. I get a pop-up indicating France has been completely defeated. I know what happens if even one of the territories remain free, but not when all go Vichy.

So I take it that even though France was completely defeated, Free France gets resurrected?
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Yes, under Vichy Collapse in RAC, pg 138: "Each home country or territory aligned with Vichy France becomes conquered by any Axis major power that has a land unit in it. Other home countries and territories aligned with Vichy France align with Free France (or become Free France with a new home country if it is currently completely conquered)."

They won't have much of a force pool.
Paul
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

Thanks..I wasn't sure if they went FF or not if they had already been completely defeated.

Return to “Tech Support”