Retrofitting problem

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

LuddeLuii

Retrofitting problem

Post by LuddeLuii »

Hello!

I've encountered a problem while playing which recently crept up. The Retrofit pop-up that allows you to retrofit everything with a single click, that should appear for all your ships and bases set to auto-retro doesn't pop up when new upgraded designs are available. Are there any settings that I might have turned on or off by mistake? I've been trying different thinkable options to make the pop-ups reappear.

I'm playing the game with all 3 expansions and with the 1.9.0.11 patch.

P.S. This is probobly the greatest Sci-fi 4X I've ever played. I'll be sticking around for a while.
Canute0

RE: Retrofitting problem

Post by Canute0 »

Does the buttom never appear at any shipclass ? Or does it just don't appear at some latest ship class ?

Can you check the newest design's for some errors ? prolly some shipsize limits ? It happen that the Auto-Design AI replace weapons with new researched weapons they are bigger then the ones before. That results that the ship size is bigger then you currently can build.
When there is no buildable newer design availble the retrofit button don't appear.
LuddeLuii

Post by LuddeLuii »

The button with the red arrow is always there, But I find it rather tedious to have to click that one on every thing that's acually automated when I didn't use to have to do that.

I've only got bases on auto, as I like to know what my ships are capable of.

The pop-up looks like one of the advisor-suggestions in appearance.
Lightbane

Post by Lightbane »

it is annoying, it keeps switching back to the inferior default designs I have to keep manually updating the designs because instead of updating my improved design it just updates the inferior design to a still inferior version but obsoletes my more superior design so I have to keep going back to it
Plant

Post by Plant »

@LuddeLuiii check;

Options -> Ship Design
or Options -> Automaton -> Ship Building -> Suggest new ships and bases
or Options -> Empire settings -> Supress all pop up screens
or Open Empire Policy Screen => Research and Design -> Prompt for Retrofit when new tech become available

Most likely Open Empire Policy Screen => Research and Design -> Prompt for Retrofit when new tech become available.

@Lightbane, most likely you left "Options -> Ship Design" ticked.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”