Trying to update - FTP cannot connect

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

LuckyJim1010

Trying to update - FTP cannot connect

Post by LuckyJim1010 »

What is it with the Matrix FTP servers

I go to update to 2.02 and once again I get an Error cannot connect via the Auto Update and the manual link times out.

This is really gripping me now, Command had a similar problem as have other Matrix titles.

Come on guys, it's not rocket science, servers and FTP have been around a while....

Edit - OK it was my VPN. But why would that stop an FTP transfer ? Every other Patch from every other Games company works fine with VPN.
CapnDarwin

RE: Trying to update - FTP cannot connect

Post by CapnDarwin »

Is your VPN blocking the FTP ports?
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
LuckyJim1010

Post by LuckyJim1010 »

Huh ? Changed country to Switzerland - worked.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Okay, that is weird. May be worth hitting the global Matrix support forum with this issue. Also could be an issue with localization of your VPN software too if changing country toggles the problem on/off.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”