Unable to 'switch off' pointer after plotting course

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Bazza042

Unable to 'switch off' pointer after plotting course

Post by Bazza042 »

I am using Build 474 but have experienced this on the previous builds.

When I have finished plotting a course I find that, sometimes, I cannot get rid of the cross hair pointer.
Using both the normal 'exits' from this function (F3 or re-accessing the 'Plot Course' menu)
the 'cross hair' remains active. But the sim continues running OK, apart from this issue.

My current 'recovery' method is to 'save' and then 'reload' the game which clears the problem.

I haven't attached a saved game as, clearly, when you reload it the problem has gone away, so it would - presumably - be of little use.

Is this a common 'problem'?

Thanks.
MaB1708

RE: Unable to 'switch off' pointer after plotting course

Post by MaB1708 »

It is one I am having from time to time from release to B474. So far had not bothered to report, but now as you mention it...
M
ExMachina

Post by ExMachina »

This behavior dates back to the initial release of CMANO. It's obviously a "bug" as it deviates from normal game behavior, but it's not easy to pin down what leads to it and a probably has to do with certain combos of actions/clicks that precede.

If you haven't discovered it yet, hitting "Esc" generally sets things right.
Bazza042

Post by Bazza042 »

ORIGINAL: ExMachina

This behavior dates back to the initial release of CMANO. It's obviously a "bug" as it deviates from normal game behavior, but it's not easy to pin down what leads to it and a probably has to do with certain combos of actions/clicks that precede.

If you haven't discovered it yet, hitting "Esc" generally sets things right.

Many thanks, I'll give that a whirl the next time it occurs. I always tend to hold back on the use of "Esc" generally as you can get unpredictable results. (Not talking COMMAND here.)

Nice to know its not only me.

I appreciate the difficulty in nailing it down and as its easy to recover from it, reasonably it ain't a high priority task.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Try the latest build. I saw this now and then on very large scenarios and it went away after 478.
Bazza042

Post by Bazza042 »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Try the latest build. I saw this now and then on very large scenarios and it went away after 478.

Thanks I'll d/load that and see how I go: not that its a major problem now a reasonable work around is available - although I agree it is clearly a 'bug'

Return to “Tech Support”