Bad RNG or what?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Zigurat666

Bad RNG or what?

Post by Zigurat666 »

I'm having a whole series of "bad" turns or "rolls" for some reason and it happens more frequently after updating to latest patch.

Here's todays story :)

The green circle on the map is the start point of a jap bombardment force.The day before it is attacked by a carrier force and not damaged at all except for a destroyer in only moderate rain,but leaving a high DL
Weather in hex: Moderate rain

Raid detected at 61 NM, estimated altitude 15,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 26 minutes

Japanese aircraft
N1K1-J George x 6
Ki-84a Frank x 4

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 33
SB2C-1C Helldiver x 34
TBF-1 Avenger x 18

Japanese aircraft losses
N1K1-J George: 1 destroyed
Ki-84a Frank: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F6F-3 Hellcat: 3 destroyed
SB2C-1C Helldiver: 1 damaged
TBF-1 Avenger: 1 destroyed by flak

Japanese Ships
CA Kinugasa
CA Chikuma
DD Akigumo
DD Wakazuki, Bomb hits 1, on fire

So I create an intercept force and plot a move to my island shown by the red line at full speed. The TF has no delay caused by ops.
The following combat results has his bombardment force intercepting a supply convoy to the island which was cruising 3 hexes away with the island as its destination.Combat ensues and the supply tf is wiped,so this is when I expect my surface force to at least get some retaliation....nope nothing.
The bombardment takes place and the second round of naval movement...still no surface combat.
After all is said and done,I find that my TF has only travelled 4 hexes out of a possible 18 and not only that..the bombarding TF is now "10" hexes away??meaning the raid on the supply force AND the bombardment used no time at all? While my force is struggling to go 4 hexes at full speed??
Attachments
eviljaps.jpg
eviljaps.jpg (71.69 KiB) Viewed 26 times
Zigurat666

RE: Bad RNG or what?

Post by Zigurat666 »

sorry missed map
Attachments
eviljaps.jpg
eviljaps.jpg (71.69 KiB) Viewed 48 times
jcjordan

RE: Bad RNG or what?